Do Not Sell My Personal Information

occasional beeping

murs

picked up my new car today whilst driving home there were occasional 2 beeps (this happened 3 times in 25 miles) no info/lights came up on dash any suggestions please tia

Do you lane deviation warning or other Toyota safety devices?

yes according to speck it has Toyota safety sense including pre-collision with lane departure + road sign assist thanks 

If you have navigation installed it could be the speed camera warning. Always first thing I turn off when driving a different car.

Mine (sometimes) does this and I’m putting it down to the same thing.

strangely, because it does it even though “audio is off”....can only assume Nav is still running in the background.

could also be front ‘sensors ‘ which seem to be affected in the strangest of ways by passing traffic etc.

Certain to be speed camera warning. Disable the warning in your satnav and all should be silent.

thanks ------------- I've got to get used to all the technology on this car as my previous car was very basic in comparison 

Speed camera warning rings a bell parden the pun! i ended up with just per-collision and parking sensor beeps on as that was enough bleeps for me. 

Hi, it's not speed camera warning, it's speed limit warning as picked up via GPS. You can't turn it 'OFF' you can only select the Beep to activate at different speeds above the actual limit, ie) if in a 30 mph limit you can set the warning at say 35. Go into Sat Nav settings.

On my 2016 Icon Hybrid the double beep is definitely a speed camera warning, not a speed limit warning. It happens when I approach a speed camera even if I am well under the limt! If I exceed the speed limit I get a spoken warning "You are over the speed limit". I have this set to 3 mph over the limit but it can be set higher.

Question:

Are these speed limit warnings set by GPS speed or speedo speed?  I suspect GPS speed.

Mick.