Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which model of RAV year 2019 to buy ?

JacobRAV4

Hi,

I would be happy to hear opinions.

I have to choose between 2 models - E-MOTION SKY vs E-MOTION  

they are the same beside : 

model 1 - E-MOTION-SKY - has panoramic glass roof but don't have - Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)46with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)92

model 2 - E-MOTION - no panoramic glass roof but don'does have  - Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)46with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)92

this is my dilemma.

What would you recommend me to choose ? 

Thank you

We're a UK based owners club. The above trim levels don't correspond to those available within the UK - which are Icon, Design, Excel and Dynamic. Also they don't relate to those available in the US.

Difficult to advise.

Dear jack, you have my sympathies over such a terrible dilemma... i.e. to have a new car with a panoramic roof or BSM and RCTA... I would be losing sleep over such a dilemma I must say!

Perhaps you should be agonising over the 20 tons of CO2 pollution your new car will create to build, along with all the other new cars being built for such frivolous reasons!

Lets not agonise over contributing to global warming, melting ice caps and all this freak weather (check out what’s going down in the mid-west, USA), bursting mine dams in Brazil causing death and destruction and toxic chemical pollution while scavenging for minerals… partly caused by the desire for unnecessary new vehicle build.

Let's destroy the rain forests to satisfy our lust for a panoramic roof, blind spot monitors and motion sensors and the latest digital toy. D’oh!

• Haha 1

What a rude little oink. There's no wrong questions to ask on an owners forum and certainly posters don't deserve to be preached at. Don't suppose JacobRAV4 will be posting again anytime soon? 

Personally I wouldn't want a panoramic roof.  A big un-insulated glass panel above my head doesn't sound too cosy in winter.

My curiosity made me look at the original poster's question more closely.  It took only seconds to find that the E-MOTION and E-MOTION SKY are indeed grades of the 2019 RAV 4 as offered by Toyota in Israel.  Why Toyota chooses these descriptions and why a poster with a stated location of Oxfordshire is looking at Israeli specifications is beyond me to answer.

I would, however, agree that all reasonable questions on this forum are valid and for a supposed "Advanced Club Member" to preach to others demeans his own membership of this forum.