Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Space saver spare tyre or tyre repair kit?

Eddie G

On 3/26/2024 at 4:38 PM, Roy124 said:

Well, sorted, Mrs 124 contrived to prang the sidewall of the rear tyre.  Instant bang so we pulled straight off into a Service area car park 

Once stopped,  this old bloke started to empty the boot, placed boot mat and towel by the wheel when this medical professional in a suit came across, said move out of my way, and let me do it.

Within 20 minutes we had the space saver on, loaded up,  and on our way.

Lesson 1 - a space saver got us out of a hole.

Lesson 2 - carry enough kit to make  tyre change comfortable. 

Lesson 3 - get a proper jack handle. The Toyota iron bar might have a use but jack handle isn't one.

Lesson  4 - a space saver means we will be mobile for the next 3 days before we can get the tyre changed.

Fortunately it was mild and sunny

Ordered a new tyre from Kwik Fit Tuesday for fitting Friday.  Now waiting at Slow Git as they are yet to have the tyre delivered. 

Looks like it's just arrived and car taken in for work. 

Unlike Kwik Fit, we look after your car and use seat covers, Slow Fix don't bother.

I have  breakdown cover as part of my insurance and have for a few years it doesn't add much to he payments, i wouldn't want to try changing a tyre on the hard shoulder of a motorway or worse on a dual carriageway or road with no safe area to work in let the professionals handle it and save yourself the hassle.

If my next car doesn't have a spare i will buy one (space saver etc) at least then you are guaranteed to be on your way if they dont have a wheel that fits - 

Ignore the second video its for business's  

• Like 1

KwikFit fitted the new tyre and stowed everything away properly.   They lost two stars though.  One for late delivery of the new tyre.  The other for over inflation by 20% - 35psi.  Not quite as bad as the garage who did not set them at the PDI.

When new or new tyres fitted, check the pressures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links