Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Internet connection for touch2

alytrev

Hi fellow Avensis users. I'm trying to connect my touch 2 to the internet. It will only connect for Phone and multimedia music. I tried my android phone, tablet and laptop to connect via blue tooth. Same result on all devices. My Avensis is 2014 model. Any Ideas?

Thanks 

have you enabled your hotspot on your phone/tablet/laptop?

If you are trying to use things like traffic via internet do you have a current connected services subscription?

P.S. Your post says 2014, your profile says 2015 - please confirm which (although if you have Touch 2 it should be 2015 MY).

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Although the car is registered 2015 it must be the 2014 model as it does not have a smart entry.

The screen gives every indication that it should connect but won't. I haven't switched on the hotspot and that may be causing me confusion so I'll try that tomorrow. From what I understand I should be able to update my Nav map via the estore. Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by a current services subscription, what does that entail? 

regards

Do you definitely have Touch 2 or is it the older Touch?

Do you have a manual for your system?

How current is the system software (on the head unit>setup>general>scroll down  to system information)?

What in particular do you want to connect your system to the internet for?

thanks for the reply. I'll check tomorrow and get back to you

Hi again Scott

The set is a Touch2 with Go (generation1)

Tried to connect to the internet via my phone with hotspot enabled, still no connection.
Basically, I want to update to the Europe maps, which I should be able to do via a toolbox on the screen but can't get an app to do it. The alternative is to download it via mytoyota on to a USB and upload but the site doesn't recognise my software version 4.30L. 

Not the end of the world if it doesn't work, I can always use the google maps app on my phone instead. Just frustrated I can't get it to connect anyway.

Regards Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I take it that you mean 4.3.0L? We are now at 6.12.0L.

I would strongly recommend doing an update via USB memory stick - it takes a long time & you wouldn't want your connection to drop & result in a borked head unit.

Have you setup a MyToyota account & registered your Multimedia Device ID to it?

As your car is over 3 years old you will have to purchase map update  although you will get better value if you buy a yearly or tri-yearly subscription. A 1 year Mapcare & connected services subscription is the same price as a single map update (£119), 3 years Mapcare & connected services is £199.

2 hours ago, alytrev said:

Hi again Scott

The set is a Touch2 with Go (generation1)

Tried to connect to the internet via my phone with hotspot enabled, still no connection.
Basically, I want to update to the Europe maps, which I should be able to do via a toolbox on the screen but can't get an app to do it. The alternative is to download it via mytoyota on to a USB and upload but the site doesn't recognise my software version 4.30L. 

Not the end of the world if it doesn't work, I can always use the google maps app on my phone instead. Just frustrated I can't get it to connect anyway.

Regards Trevor

Toolbox is only for Touch 1 your software 4.3.0l is for Touch 2 the latest version being 6.12.0wl you cannot update the car OTA updates for your car would have to be purchased via the "estore" on my Toyota downloaded to a USB then transferred to the car

Thanks, Scott & Lee for your input. The device is registered to MyToyota account.

I have followed all suggestions and videos for the setup and it should work but just does not connect to the internet for whatever reason. On the verge of giving up, Looks like a £6 CD bracket to hold my phone & Google maps for my trip to Spain.

Trev

you don't need it to connect to the internet itself to actually use the satnav. The only thing is that you won't be able to use traffic updates via internet rather than radio & you won't be able to use some of the apps (but you can't anyway as you don't have a current connected services subscription).

I would do an update (which will cost you) as a) it will update your maps & b) may cure whatever is blocking it.

You coud see what the people at multimedia@toyota.co.uk say.