Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRT-H61 Drive recorder

Teddy Muso

I have a Toyota Auris 2013 1.8 petrol and the the DRT-H61 drive recorder keeps beeping each time I start the car. How do I turn it off? Or should I just disconnect it completely? Will it affect the car if I disconnected it?

Would appreciate any assistance 

the only way to know for sure if it effects the car is to disconncet it, but from what i have seen

this unit is a dash cam so therefore there shouldn't be any issues if you remove it.

I can find nothing in English for this, but from what I can make out it is a Dashcam, and I guess the beep is it turning on. My Nextbase camera does the same thing. 

3 hours ago, Teddy Muso said:

I have a Toyota Auris 2013 1.8 petrol and the the DRT-H61 drive recorder keeps beeping each time I start the car. How do I turn it off? Or should I just disconnect it completely? Will it affect the car if I disconnected it?

Would appreciate any assistance 

I would have thought it an advantage this day and age of rogue insurance claims to have a Dashcam recorder, and if it bleeps once to let you know it’s functioning correctly then I would see that as an advantage too. It’s the day it doesn’t blip I would be worried about. Means you would be embarking on a journey without a Dashcam.

In the menu on the Dashcam there may well be a means of turning off bleep, but that would be all bleeps including those that may be advantageous to you. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I would have thought it an advantage this day and age of rogue insurance claims to have a dashcam recorder, and if it bleeps once to let you know it’s functioning correctly then I would see that as an advantage too. It’s the day it doesn’t blip I would be worried about. Means you would be embarking on a journey without a dashcam.

In the menu on the dashcam there may well be a means of turning off bleep, but that would be all bleeps including those that may be advantageous to you. 

Exactly. The lady recorded  in my Dashcam tells me it's started recording. Useful to know.

3 hours ago, Teddy Muso said:

Thanks a million. Much appreciated. 

Does that mean you managed to turn the beep off, or you decided to keep the Dashcam working and with the beep, or something else?

• 2 years later...

Hi I have a Prius 2012 and my dash cam dry-h61 keep beeping I found out that the sad card was missing but when I put the sd card it still beeping I think I put the wrong sd can you help me with the right sd type 

thank you 

Usually a type 10 SD card will do, check with the camera instructions, it should also be formatted, make sure you do that as well

• 1 year later...

Hi 

I have Toyota Axio Hybrid 2014 one it has fixed video recorder DRT-H61 I have inserted SD card but it not works. It's micro sd card 16 gb

Anyone knows the reason not to work pls help 

1 hour ago, Anura Lakshman said:

Hi 

I have Toyota Axio Hybrid 2014 one it has fixed video recorder DRT-H61 I have inserted SD card but it not works. It's micro sd card 16 gb

Anyone knows the reason not to work pls help 

May be a silly question but how are you determining it not working, is the system telling you or are you trying to read video from the card.

Also note that some such systems are very particular about the brand of SD card you are using for example my Vantrue S1 comes with the warning 'Please DON'T use Sandisk and Transcend Cards'. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, Anura Lakshman said:

I have inserted SD card but it not works

I've no experience of Toyota dash-cams, but with all the makes I've used, you have to format the card (in the dash-cam itself) before it will work.  Word of advice - you must use a heavy duty, high endurance SD card. Dash-cams are recording continually and this will quickly 'wear out' normal SD cards.  I've used the Integral card for years:   amazon.co.uk/Integral-dashcam-Endurance-micro