Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth volume not working with volume control on steering wheel

Nikkob

Hope someone can offer a solution to our problem.

We have a 2010 IQ with the factory fitted bluetooth hands free system fitted. Until recently the volume could be controlled of anything connected to the Bluetooth via the steering wheel volume control, but now the only way to control the volume is via the phone connected or the up and down volume on the hands free system box. Radio volume can still be controlled via the steering wheel volume control. I know its not the end of the world but it would be nice to get it working properly again, I suspect its a setting somewhere, have looked through the owners manual and the manual for the hands free system but have had no success. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I've also got the factory fitted bluetooth kit. I don't recall ever being able to adjust volume with the steering wheel button. I use the up/down buttons on the bluetooth interface.

Let me know if you find a setting.

Of course my 13 year old son solved the problem, its the voice command 'phone audio off', we now are able to once again control the volume from the steering wheel. Don't know how or why it got set to 'on' but its working again so the wife is happy.

Dash, hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Hi Nick

Unfortunately changing that setting has made no difference. I must still use the buttons on the bluetooth interface to change volume.

Dave

On 2/8/2019 at 4:33 PM, dash said:

Hi Nick

Unfortunately changing that setting has made no difference. I must still use the buttons on the bluetooth interface to change volume.

Dave

Hi Dave, 

I double checked at the weekend, turning 'phone audio on' which turned off volume control on the steering wheel, then turning 'phone audio off' which turned volume control back on on the steering wheel. Tried it with three different iphones and it worked every time. Interestingly when volume control can be changed on the steering wheel, volume cannot be changed on the bluetooth box/interface.

Sorry it didn't work for you.

Nick

• Thanks 1

Hi Nick

Thanks for running those tests. Not too big a problem really; once vol is set where required (for phone calls), it generally stays there.

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links