Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris window

Paul1808

Hi, 

I'm new to this forum and hoping someone on here can assist with my query.

I have just purchased a 2001 Yaris 1.3 GLS auto. The car is going to be for a family member to assist getting them back in to work. For its age it is in very good condition and drives spot on. The issue I have is with the driver's side electric window. I found the window would not move so I stripped it down to find that someone had butchered the inside. At some point the window mechanism must have malfunctioned, to keep the window up, all the metal parts of the mechanism had been bent over. Anyway, I managed to find a new window mechanism and fitted it only to find the window keeps popping out of the track/runner. On closer inspection the track nearest the door hinges, for what ever reason has been bent/twisted and I'm unable to get it back in shape. I can't seem to find anywhere to buy just the track. I know there are a couple of bolts holding the track in but my questions are, is the track part of the door? Which would explain why I can't find one for sale. If it is removable from the door, does anyone know where I could buy on? Failing that I think my only other option is to buy a door.

Parts are available from Toyota, its not the sort of part a scrappie would normally be interested in stripping 

yaris.png

Thank you very much for that. I have emailed them so hopefully they will have the part. Thanks again.