Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi

Brucemillar

Hi

I'm Bruce and live in rural Kent, in the UK.  My daughter just bought a nice Aygo -Express - Black with Red Accents and a Semi-Automatic Gear Box.

We have had a couple of issues with the car, the most disappointing of which has been the Toyota Installed Sat Nav System that arrived with the Maps Reading completely upside down.  Slightly frustrating as I told our dealer that I suspected that the cables from the reverse switch on the gearbox were most likely crossed over.  They didn't seem to like me telling them this and said it was very unlikely.  Well it was that.

Apart from that we really like the car which looks lovely and actualy performs better than I expected and was told it would.

• Like 1

Hello Bruce, welcome to the club. Hope your daughter enjoys her new car.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the club Bruce and good call on the sat nav prob 👍

Hello Bruce - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Hi All

Many thanks for the kind welcome.  Although this is my daughters first Toyota and indeed her very first car, I am a long time fan of Toyota and rather sadly a dedicated Petrolhead.  My Toyota ownership has seen me previously own three Toyota Celica GT4 Turbo's all of which were Limited Edition Homologation cars.  Sadly all are lonf since sold on to new owners.  I am also a Mercedes fan and owner and currently have a fully restored Mercedes 300TE - 4-Matic 7 Seat Estate that is 32 years old and recently completed a full restoration.  I also have a C55 AMG Estate which is a rare but much newer car and appeals to my youthful side ;^)

My attraction to helping my daughter choose a Toyota was based on my previous experience with their legendary mechanical reliability.  I hope not to be disappointed?

So far the Aygo is proving to be a great fun car and I have to admit to being rather jealous of her purchase.  It suits the Black & Red paint on Black Alloy Wheels and the Semi_Automatic Gearbox is surprisingly nice to use with such a small engine. 

A few teething problems around the rather disappointing SatNav have us both wishing we had read up on that before purchase.  It is a disappointment.  For a few pounds more, Toyota could have rounded off the deal by installing a more complete package that has a visible clock and working Time Of Arrival.  Instead they have opted for a system that immediately has people asking, where is the clock?

IF I can be of help with any questions, please ask away, I shall try my best.

Have fun.

Bruce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brucemillar said:

My attraction to helping my daughter choose a Toyota was based on my previous experience with their legendary mechanical reliability.  I hope not to be disappointed?

Welcome to TOC, Bruce. 🙂 the MMT box/clutch is likely to be the possible weak link I fear.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links