Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not a good introduction

Guzzigeezer

Hi all

Just bought a 2008 Yaris 1.8SR needs fettling as rear calipers totally seized up (no rear brakes) and esc, asc& tc lights on. Had brand new MOT last week!  Mmmmmmmm! Not dodgy eh!

I knew about it before I bought it though. I will put it right before anyone has a go. Won't visit that dealer again though. Looking forward to great times when it's sorted.

Proving difficult to get parts though, nobody seems to list it.

If you bought it from a dealer you surely have the right to get them to sort, having a fresh MOT adds to you case. Having bought a defect vehicle with something important as brakes, with a new MOT they will be tripping over themselves to sort. 

However, for the sake of other people in the area I would be referring the garage and mot tester to the authorities.

Happier now. Got ASC rear discs, pads and calipers ( same as Aston Martin apparently) from Germany all for £140.00 + £40.00 deposit as calipers are an exchange item. The UK prices I found around £180 just for 1 caliper. Must be because it was on sale longer in Europe than the UK. Arrived in 4 days.

I would name the dealer and MOT centre but don't want to get involved in a slanging match. Suffice to say I knew what I was buying and paid accordingly.

Only thing I didn't check - spare key doesn't fit so key ID code on spare is no use. 

Thanks for the welcome. Will try and do a write up on changing the rear brakes.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links