Do Not Sell My Personal Information

creaking clutch pedal on 06 avensis

davecullen6

This is a silly thing really but my clutch pedal keeps creaking, I managed to contort myself into the footwell yesterday and sprayed all the visible springs and mechanism with WD40, it's better but still doing it!

Anybody had the same problem, it's just annoying as rest of car is so silent!

32 minutes ago, davecullen6 said:

This is a silly thing really but my clutch pedal keeps creaking, I managed to contort myself into the footwell yesterday and sprayed all the visible springs and mechanism with WD40, it's better but still doing it!

Anybody had the same problem, it's just annoying as rest of car is so silent!

Maybe it's your left knee 😂

• Like 1

Creaking clutch pedals were an issue with T25 Avensis cars and IIRC there's nothing you can do.

The noise is coming from a plastic bushing somewhere in there and you could replace it, but it will be a very temporary solution. Unless you want to replace it frequently, you'll have to live with it. For me the noise usually is the worst when moisture is high. It's not a big problem in summer unless it rains for weeks.

50 minutes ago, Byzii said:

Creaking clutch pedals were an issue with T25 Avensis cars and IIRC there's nothing you can do.

The noise is coming from a plastic bushing somewhere in there and you could replace it, but it will be a very temporary solution. Unless you want to replace it frequently, you'll have to live with it. For me the noise usually is the worst when moisture is high. It's not a big problem in summer unless it rains for weeks.

ok, thats very helpful, thank you, I will just live with it, I figured it must be hidden away somewhere if the WD didn't get to it

dave

Subsequent to this morning I did some more searching and found even more helpful advice on this forum, I took a members advice from way back and bought a spray can of lithium grease, taped two spray tubes together to get round the limited access and ( with the help of a head torch to see what I was doing), got a good spray of grease into the actuating rod tunnel, and it's fixed.

I don't think my back will recover quickly from the contortions, and it is really awkward to access this bit of car, but pleased it's sorted, it was just getting on my nerves with such a well made car to have this noise.

Thank you

Dave

Prolly totally irrelevant cos a different car but on my 06 Celica 1.8vvti the common creaking clutch problem was fixed eventually after spraying everything inside the car by spraying the same lithium grease via a tube into the rubber boot covering the clutch slave cylinder on top of the gearbox in the engine bay, anyway hope it mite help but prolly totally irrelevant

23 hours ago, gezhenry said:

Prolly totally irrelevant cos a different car but on my 06 Celica 1.8vvti the common creaking clutch problem was fixed eventually after spraying everything inside the car by spraying the same lithium grease via a tube into the rubber boot covering the clutch slave cylinder on top of the gearbox in the engine bay, anyway hope it mite help but prolly totally irrelevant

I think this is actually totally relevant Gez as the creak is back today, (although a lot quieter), I am just going to live with it, with fan on I can't hear it, and I don't have ramps or the inclination to be lying on ground in winter trying to sort it, glad to know it's a common annoyance!

Dave

• Thanks 1

I've attached a diagram from 2004 CDT250 Avensis clutch pedal assembly. You can see the squeeking bushing as part 31301 (at least I think I remember correctly that it's the cause of the squeek).

Note that for a different engine the diagram might look a little bit differently. You can check the exact diagram for your car at japan-parts.eu (either by VIN or by knowing exactly the trim of your car).

311104A.thumb.png.356b6e397dab39c6c987bae9c8f360a3.png

thanks, you would think then that all the lube sprayed around would have worked its way into it!