Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHV Charging

altocumulus

Hi all,

When using Chargemaster connection I normally see blue indicator lights at front dashboard, green light in the car port and a green light on the Chargemaster box.

This morning, connecting to charge, for an overnight schedule, I get the blue lights, but neither of the green ones. 

Anyone else seen this, have a solution?

I'd hazard a guess that on the occasions the car hasn't been charged on schedule, this has happened before. After a few times of no-charge I reset the Chargemaster at the fuse box, though whether that really cured it I don't know - but I'd be interested in where the reason lies, Chargemaster or the car - It's odd, though I still get the blue indicator lights :chinscratch:

I've not tested with the 3-pin - though that would eliminate the Chargemaster :D

Geoff

I only use a 3-pin charger so I don't know about lights on the Chargemaster unit. On my car, when the plug is inserted, the green light on the car port always flashes when charging is scheduled for later on. It has never failed to charge on the schedule, apart from when I forget to physically plug it in!

The blue lights are just the state of charge indicators - I think they'll come on when you approach the car with the key even if it's not plugged in. 

• Like 1

Took a while, plus a reset at the fuse box - but I did eventually get the green light. Still not sure where the 'problem' lies - the earlier experience was when I was using the 3-pin - before the Chargemaster was installed.

Thanks Jay.

• 1 month later...

I'm working with Chargemaster for my charge point installation, and am not hugely impressed. They're something of a mixed ability group, and I never seem to talk to the same person twice.

It's all over their website that a new installation is free for new applicants, I'm now being told this is only the case for new or ex demo vehicles. Anyone care to share their Chargemaster experience, good, bad or indifferent?

As far as I'm aware, the £500 grant for installation of a home charger is tied into the plug in car grant. New vehicles at the first registration stage and pre-registrations are eligible for the plug-in car grant, and, hence the electric vehicle homecharge scheme. Secondhand vehicles aren't eligible for the grant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tuggers said:

I'm working with Chargemaster for my charge point installation, and am not hugely impressed. They're something of a mixed ability group, and I never seem to talk to the same person twice.

It's all over their website that a new installation is free for new applicants, I'm now being told this is only the case for new or ex demo vehicles. Anyone care to share their Chargemaster experience, good, bad or indifferent?

Installation : Brilliant. Had the same guy who did survey, then returned a few weeks later for installation.

Had one main contact at Chargemaster, who was reasonable and helpful. But, presumably, the manager (?) was confusing, always trying to install too big a unit for the wiring - maybe a fiddle to suggest paperwork was higher spec than reality?

e-mail formats were very confusing and unhelpful. Always nearly identical not matter what stage the process was at - making it difficult to decide whether the constant repetition meant I'd missed something out. Not one I'd recommend on that score.

Used up the full UK Government grant and part of the allowance offered by the Scottish Government.

New car.