Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Code Reader

TP49

That's disappointing, Paul...hope your experience with the Techstream is better.

I've emailed iCarsoft today they have replied saying they've not come up against this problem before, and their Engineers will be in contact may need a software update.

Update, iCarsoft have never had this problem before, They have not got the software for the obd11 download so they have to get the software but because there's a  lot they said it has to be downloaded in two languages which will take about a week to do. They won't change the scanner saying that when the new one is updated the same problem will arise. I said I wouldn't update it and I have a scanner that I can't use, but they have not replied to my last two emails. So all I can do at the moment is give them a week and see if they can resolve the problem, I wait with great anticipation. 

That's a bit disappointing, Tony...hope they get their act together and sort it.

• Like 1

Oh dear. If it doesn't do as it says then you have a legal right to return it.

The Techstream gizmo arrived yesterday so I attempted to install it on a Windows 10 64bit laptop. This was a pain and still isn't fully installed. Apparently the driver is designed for a 32bit machine. Haven't given up though and hope to connect it to my Estima today.

My advice, if you don't fancy a lot of hassle, buy a cheap 32bit laptop possibly running XP. Actually, I wonder if an alternative harddrive could be installed? Now there's an idea.

• Like 1

I hope you get it up and running Paul, keep us informed. Like most things it sounds easier than it actually is.

Techstream update.

Seems like useful software. It was a tricky job getting it to run on Windows 10 64 bit though. Don't follow the installer's instructions to the letter and neither should anyone follow the online videos or threads - none of them work! I eventually got it working through trial and error and a little computer knowledge. The software kept crashing when accessing the vehicle ECU though so onto plan C.

Plan C - and one I would recommend purchasers do - fit a separate drive and install Windows XP. Now anyone can follow the instructions and it should run. I got it working quickly but still had difficulty accessing the ECU. I figured that it was the software version (13) so opted for an earlier one instead. I fitted version 8, since this was easily located on the web, but this was too early and my vehicle wasn't listed!

I'm now looking for versions 11 and 12. Will keep you all informed.

Sounds complicated wouldn't be any good for me, I'd never get my head round it. Hopefully you can get it sorted Paul. As regards my situation Diagnostic World would not answer my emails after some advice I wrote rather a lot on their Facebook page, then I actually got a reply. Funny that. Anyway they apologised for delay and could not get hold of their engineers. They said return the scanner and they will send me an updated one. I've sent mine back am now waiting to see if my new one turns up. The saga lives on.🤔

Yep...I'm afraid I'd be the same, Tony...good on yer Paul for sticking with it and sorting things out.

...and amazing what  a few words in the right place can achieve eh, Tony.?...at least you managed to get some action out of them and a replacement and updated reader ...nice one.:thumbsup:

Yet another update. ( yawn). After a number of emails back and forth I actually received a scanner today. The one they sent me is a  

TYT V1.0 looks very nice. Couldn't wait had to try it after setting up click on Toyota then Japan area the thing couldn't link up to vehicle,I thought here we go again. Got on computer to see if anyone had the same problem not much luck there. After thinking and getting a bit fed up with the whole thing, on the verge of contacting iCarsoft again I decided to try it again but this time I thought I'll try something else and instead of putting Japan area I'd click on other area, well it actually linked up with the ECU and worked fine, thank god. So well pleased with the result and a better scanner for the aggro with the other one.

Glad you got something sorted at last, Tony....a saga you could have done without of course.!

• Like 1

Oooh, Tony, I didn't think of selecting a different country. Perhaps that's why Techstream crashed. Going to have a play in a moment!

Regarding the new scanner, does it happen to have any transmission information - oil temp and level?

The saga indeed continues and I haven't quite got it sorted yet Neil... not giving up yet though.

• Like 1

Hi Paul, its amazing how something so simple can make things look so complicated. I presumed the Esti being a Jap import it would be Japan area, Wrong😂. I know the scanner I've got can read live data but I don't think it does what you want.

It would be good if you can get yours up and running with all the Toyota info, I'm not clued up much with the techno knowledge so I don't think I could get on with it. I just wanted to read faults and erase them as the garage I take my car to there scanner couldn't read the Esti codes. Good luck with yours.

• Thanks 1