Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear parcel shelf string

AYGOSTU

Hello,

i have noticed one of the strings is missing off my parcel shelf. Does anyone know a if I can buy this online anywhere rather than a trip to a dealer as it’s small enough to go through the letterbox.

2016 Aygo with the string that has the clips on it to hold the parcel shelf.

I am sure that Parts-King on here (Lindop Toyota Parts dept.) will do mail order. Send him a PM for a price.

or www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Aygo-2014-Right-or-Left-Parcel-Shelf-String-64367-0H010-B0/351893241731 ?

37 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

I am sure that Parts-King on here (Lindop Toyota Parts dept.) will do mail order. Send him a PM for a price.

or www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Aygo-2014-Right-or-Left-Parcel-Shelf-String-64367-0H010-B0/351893241731 ?

AMAZING, Thatnk you that’s the part I need 😀

10 minutes ago, petesellit said:

Haven't all Aygos got just the one string? I don't see a hook for 2nd

The second generation has two.

10 minutes ago, petesellit said:

Haven't all Aygos got just the one string? I don't see a hook for 2nd

Here you go Pete, 2 on newer aygos 

E7475CC2-F6D3-4002-B431-B4CF77FE7BAA.jpeg

3 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The second generation has two.

Posh! 😄

The C1/108 has a different luggage cover arrangement altogether.

12 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The C1/108 has a different luggage cover arrangement altogether.

Why does it need 2 strings? The old model had one front wiper and one parcel shelf string and both are still working fine in our 2008 aygo. Very wasteful of Toyota!😁

Raj, there is only one reason the new one has 2 strings.. it needs them, Toyota changed it from a rigid shelf like you have to more of a fabric blind. If you put anything of weight on it say more than a coat..it would almost certainly collapse and the clips would all come off. Mine barely stays on with one string 🙂.

Mine doesn't stay on as the dog knocks it off (medium sized cockerpoo) with one swipe. So its buried underneath the boot stuff at the moment until the time comes to clean her out and swap lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, rajivrattna said:

Why does it need 2 strings? The old model had one front wiper and one parcel shelf string and both are still working fine in our 2008 aygo. Very wasteful of Toyota!😁

The parcel shelves must be much heavier in these new Aygos compared to the first generation.

17 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

The parcel shelves must be much heavier in these new Aygos compared to the first generation.

No - they're a flexible plastic and fabric affair, rather than a fibreboard shelf as in the first generation.

The ones in the 2014 onwards C1 and 108 are similar to the second generation Aygo, but when the tailgate is opened, they cover the rear window.

It’s the opposite funnily enough. It’s thinner than the last, but the string now has clips on that really easily come off hence 2 are required. I never had that issue with the old shelf.

More of a 'cover' than a 'shelf'.