Do Not Sell My Personal Information

auris auto gearbox keeps slipping into neutral

am014s4545

It's a 5 speed semi automatic I believe Toyota call it an MMT gearbox?  I have a warning light that is a red cog with an exclamation mark in the middle?

IMG_8030.png

I am sorry that you have MMT gearbox. I have no experience with it.  Find trusted independent mechanics that works with MMT a lot.  It is not a common thing anymore because Toyota never use MMT anymore. It is unique for european market. I only trust regular torque converter or e-CVT planetary gearbox. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 7:09 PM, Loki424 said:

I have a 2008 Toyota Auris.  This has happening on and off for over a year. We had our local mechanic put a new clutch in but that did not stop it from happening.   At first, it would happen occasionally.  Now it is a real danger, every time you stop, I get the blinking " N"  and the noise.  I have called Toyota and explained the problem and they just say bring it in.  

What is the real problem, is it the ECU software that some one mentioned and what did that cost?  Thanks in advance  

I have the same problem with my Toyota Auris 2008 1.4 D-4D. The fault is Error Code C1237 - Speed Sensor Rotor.

Does anyone explained what is the Error Code in your case?