am014s4545

auris auto gearbox keeps slipping into neutral

I have had a scary experience where my auris estate 2014 reg keeps slipping into neutral whilst driving. Had to drive it to dealers by physically keeping the auto gear in drive position. 

Car is with dealers now and will find out next week what the issue is, has anyone come across such a issue? the car has done under 30k & is still under warranty.

hope somebody can shed some light on what is going on with the car & what the issue may be, thanks in advance.

Do you need to update your profile from the Avensis.

Sorry not been on here in a while, have updated my profile with the correct vehicle type, thanks.

Some kind a software, ecu issue or just gear selector switch issue maybe? Please update what dealer says.

Hybrid doesnt have any ”neutral”, it just disconnects power from mg1 and mg2 electric motors and there is nothing moving fysically when selecting between D and N or R. Only in P there is parking paul mechanism what is applied.

Great video if interested how HSD works.

• Like 1

The car has developed the fault again a week after it had been to the dealers, this time the fault occurred as the dealers were about to close for the day.

check out the video of what is happening.

I will have to hope that the next time the fault appears that the dealership is open so that I can take the vehicle to the dealers & get them to put the diagnostic computer onto the car whilst it is faulting in order for them to believe me & hopefully to fix the fault.

Hi, as far as I know this is not a common fault with that type of vehicles or either is chronicled issue, I believe you have a faulty gear selector for some reason, maybe the previous owner had spilled some sugary drink all over it and as a result the liquid had found its way inside the selector causes to send random signal to the ecu or ecu had developed a software problem. Definitely your best bet is the dealer and hopefully they will find out quickly what is wrong. In case it’s refusing to stay in D you can try to select B mode and drive it home or to the garage, you can also try to drive in B mode for a while than select D and see if any changes at all. Kindly request , please update us for the fix and the cause of the problem, it’s very interesting. 

Regards 

Looks to be just the selector, maybe they just cleaned the contacts or something, not wanting to dish out for a full repair.

If you select R, does it stay there, or bounces back to N like for D?