Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel suction plate recall for 1.33L Auris... anyone had this ?

Mooly

Just had a call from Toyota reminding me its service and MOT time and they told me that there is an outstanding recall for a fuel suction plate on my vehicle. Can't just recall seeing anything about that on here but it would appear to possibly be this:

Fuel Suction Plate Recall

Link fixed above 🙂 Twice that's happened on here using MS Edge. 

Thanks for that Frosty, that looks like it will be the one, and its very recent according to that date. Here we go again 😞

I've had this problem on my 2007 auris 1.4, petrol smell and dangerous as could lead to a spark/fire/explosion.

Local Toyota made me pay for the fix but after my complaints and persistence and reference to the recall, they contacted Toyota Europe or UK, who now (after 3 months) offered me store credit for the amount of the fix (no refund sadly) and extended the recall to cover my car and other cars as well.

Thanks for sharing that. Interesting to hear of someone actually experiencing the issue first hand.

Just got this fixed yesterday on a 1.6 model. You have to leave it with them for a few hours.  I didn't get charged for it, although my car is out of warranty.

17 minutes ago, Excel777 said:

Just got this fixed yesterday on a 1.6 model. You have to leave it with them for a few hours.  I didn't get charged for it, although my car is out of warranty.

As it is a recall, the customer won't be charged.

I had my Avensis done last week - 

It seems to be across a models in the Toyota models. I had a load Yaris Hybrid while the car was in. Now I want a hybrid as my next car, if I can afford it.

Does anyone know if access for this fix entirely from within the car (for the Auris) or does it involve partially dismantling the rear suspension and dropping the fuel tank for access?  

I'm pretty sure it's done from the inside of the car, in mine they just removed the back seats.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links