Do Not Sell My Personal Information

help verso 06

bladeliker

Hello all im new to Toyota as i never had one before iv been having problems locating Haynes manual for the car and so i phoned today and found out they dont do a manual for the car and has left me stumped even you-tube videos there are none and im thinking is this a ghost car that no one ever wanted or loved that its my first mpv in two years.

so basically the thermostat has gone on it blowing cold air and small leaking radiator but still holding water so im after any information in removing the thermostat and radiator hopeful the raid weld can help fix it on the cheap side any suggestions would be grateful 

so that would be 2.2l 2AD series? which power output?

I imagine that it's a 134bhp but can't be sure. As long as you are sure that is what the issue is - the AD series engines of that era (also used in Avensis, Auris & RAV4s so maybe look for youtubes of those?) are known for a small % of them developing head/head gasket issues which would cost more to fix properly than the vehicle is worth.

Are you certain the thermostat is faulty?  The 2.2 diesel engine was known for cylinder head problems, with symptoms like heaters blowing cold air, radiators getting air-locked etc.  Does it lose coolant, is there any bubbling in the header tank with the engine running etc etc?

There are repair manuals around for Avensis, since it shares the same engines a lot of the repair procedures will be pretty similar.  Removing a radiator is usually fairly straight forward tho - drain the system, remove the hoses, remove any obstacles in the way, unbolt and remove.

Personally, I'd do a bit more research on what my problem might actually be before I started replacing parts, and I definitely wouldn't use radweld on it.

• 1 month later...

Hi ive taken of the bumper the bonnet slam panel now cant get the raid out whats going on its stupidity found a massive hole iv found a spar rad from donor car but the expanstion bottle diffrent and the code on the raidator is diffrent as well 

Model name : Corolla Verso Model code : AUR10 Variant : Engine : 2AD- FT