Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd code

boattinker

Puzzled I had two error codes on my rav4 mk 2 vvti one was oxygen sensor which I sorted the other which won't clear just shows as Manufacturer code? Any ideas on what is going on 

OBD codes can be generic or manufacturer specific. What are you using to read the codes? If it's a hand held reader - does it simply generate the fault codes or does it give fault description. Some meters cannot display narrative for a manufacturers code because it isn't in the database. Disconnect the Battery for a while to clear the fault codes if you are unable to do so from the code reader.

Yes it's a handheld device and it did generate the full code for the lambda sensor ie which bank and sensor will try clearing it and then disconnecting the Battery

The heater circuit goes open circuit (measure between the black wires) and puts the light on as it is not in the range expected. Us petrol Rav 4 owners have all been there. Several times for me but I have had mine since new. It may clear but it may return.