Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question about free map updates for Touch 2 with GO

gerger

Forgive me if this has been discussed but I can find no information.

I have recently purchased a Verso first registered July 2016.

The MapID is 2015V2 and S/W version 6.60WL. The media unit is Touch 2 with GO.

I see references online to Toyota offering free map updates.

Should I be able to update the maps for free? Unlikely I think, but if true, how?

I have downloaded the latest maps from Toyota eStore but they appear to require require a licence code.

Ger

In the UK, yes, free updates for the first 3 years. In Eire I don't know.

Does your estore say free with Mapcare (see screenprint attached)?

There is an activation code specific to your unit ID.

estore.jpg

ESTORE2.jpg

Many thanks for your interest.

The car is UK purchased and registered so the map should be free.

I registered the car on the toyota.uk web site and the attached image eStore.jpg seems to indicate a free map.is available.

I click on Free Map and see the second image eStore2.jpg.  Looks good.

I download the file, unzip it and copy to a USB. I insert the USB into the car but get the message that the activation code is invalid.

I am invited to provide the correct code.

One of the files on the USB is called activationCode.xml and it has a code in it of 1111-2222-3333-4444

That doesn't sound like a good code!!!

Any suggestions appreciated please.

eStore2.JPG

eStore.JPG

I am intrigued as to why (as per your 2nd screenshot) you seem to be being offered 4.3.0H when you say that your system has 6.6.0L?

Have you registered your device ID to your account? What version map is it that you actually downloaded?

Me too.  (But if I select 4.3.0H, it says that it is not correct for my device and won't allow a download)

I picked the map encircled in red and the downloaded file is name 6.7.0DMUL.zip, so I assume the downloaded map is 6.7.0

I notice that all the online documentation lists the files which should be in the zip package.

In my case I get one extra file activationCode.xml and I do not get the file called KaliSWDL.log  (see correct Toyota list attached)

Yes, the device ID is registered to my account.

I next plan to remove the XML file and try again - but it's now too cold and wet to sit out in the car!! Tomorrow.:)

Thanks again.

File list.JPG

59 minutes ago, gerger said:

Me too.  (But if I select 4.3.0H, it says that it is not correct for my device and won't allow a download)

Just discovered that if I go the the estore page without being logged in then it shows that. Once I log in it is no longer offered (presumably as not apllicable for my system) . You really want to be getting 6.12.0L as I believe that the one that you have downloaded will just let you configure your existing maps (i.e. which countries you want loaded rather than all - this does make updating future maps quicker though).

If you are logged into MyToyota & go the estore are you not offered 6.12.0 (probably with a price against it but click through)? The activation code is separate, it is the line (XXXed out) below the Device ID line in my 2nd screenshot - it is not included in the download file (you can see in my screenshot also an option to print it).

Brilliant!! Just as you say, the trick is to order 6.12.0 and click thru the price to the checkout.

The price then shows as zero. I have downloaded the file and have the activation code.

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow. 🙂

Many many thanks. Your help much appreciated.

GG.

• Like 1

You need to have the engine running whilst updating (if you had the ignition on in acc. &  the head unit shut down for Battery saving mid-updates you would have a corrupted head unit) & if doing the full update it may take something like an hour.

• Thanks 1

Scott, thanks for the advice about the engine. Job done - took about 20 mins for the six selected countries.

A tip to any other user: I edited the activationCode.xml file prior to doing the update. It's just a single line text file.

I replaced the dummy code (1111-2222-3333-4444) with the code provided from eStore.

That saved me having to type in the code on the car touch screen, which I find quite fiddly.

GG.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a 2018 RAV 4, I wish to update my maps. I have downloaded the free map update (6.13.0L) but do not to have KaliSWDL.log file, I have an  activationCode.xml file instead.

If I try and update my system will I be asked for an activation code and if so where to I obtain it pls.

David K

On 9/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, DWK said:

I have a 2018 RAV 4, I wish to update my maps. I have downloaded the free map update (6.13.0L) but do not to have KaliSWDL.log file, I have an  activationCode.xml file instead.

If I try and update my system will I be asked for an activation code and if so where to I obtain it pls.

David K

What software version is installed in your car?

The latest version is 6.15.0W L/H ( W = western europe L= low grade nav H = High grade nav ) you need to select version 6.15.0 matching the H/L of your system, it will show a cost however if your have registered your multimedia when you add the map to your basket it will show £0, agree T&C's , check out, answer prompts and purchase.

Then view your purchases, you should see the purchase click on the drop down arrow, and you should see 3 tabs:

Print activation code, print and keep it 

Download,

Download instructions follow these

• 2 months later...

Hi Gerger 

understand your dilemma. When I got my 2015 verso took me some time to master update installation. Is it worth it though. Not really impressed with price of renewal £199 for three years although they sometimes have a £99 deal. Also sat nav routes not very up to date. For example, asked for a fast route to local town , came up with narrow country lanes rather than a perfectly quick wideB road everyone uses. Won’t bother renewing again but pull out my old garmin which has free lifetime updates.

The issue with lifetime updates on stand alone sat navs is that it is the manufacturer who determines what the lifetime is. For example back in 2018 Tomtom ceased providing updates for numbers of sat navs as they decided the lifetimes of these models had been reached.

My garmin is  over 6 years old and still giving free updates just last week. Only advantage I can see in having in car sat nav is that it’s more secure than a portable. Now, if manufacturers gave free updates!

Which is fine, but, as I said the manufacturer decides what constitutes lifetime. 

Our 2020 i20 has seven years of free sat nav updates - updated with the service.

That’s good service from Hyundai as they only warranty cars for five years. If I was buying new again I would want updates free for at least that length of time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links