Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Park sensors for a Verso

Dave the Gardener

Hi , I am Dave, new to this.

Today I bought a nearly new 2018 Verso 1.6, having asked for parking sensors to be added front and back, even vo I have parking camera.  I have owned a 12 plate verso for 5 yrs till today, which had them as standard.  The bleep system on the old car showed up on car display symbol near to the gearbox.   On this new Verso I now have, the bleep comes from what sounds like door speaker on passenger side and doesn't show which area of car the obstruction is near. 

Is this norm for after fit sensors from Toyota, they say it is?  Also the back sensors fitted 48hrs ago do not bleep.  Any advice other than going back to local dealer to resolve. 

Also using the Touch Go 2 system, cannot find much choice in digital stations, having looked for Virgin, living in the London area was surprised could not find.  Many Thanks Dave S

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware, dealer fit parking sensor systems aren't as sophisticated as factory fit systems. Often with dealer fit rear parking sensors, there is an on/off switch fitted in the boot area - check the boot lining.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave the Gardener said:

Also using the Touch Go 2 system, cannot find much choice in digital stations, having looked for Virgin, living in the London area was surprised could not find.  Many Thanks Dave S

It should be there but possibly on a different multiplex than you are tuned to.

p.s. welcome to TOC, Dave 🙂

Many thanks for your replies, have just checked the boot area, yes their is a switch to switch on / off, unsure why that is when you have a on off switch on dash.  Would be nice for dealer to inform me of this, as for radio station lists, unsure what you mean by multiplex, do you mean if searching in fm instead of digital.  I am so not car savvy, if I were would have bought new rav 4 over a verso, but with 20k difference was a no brainer I think.  Thank u Scott and Mike. Dave

22 minutes ago, Dave the Gardener said:

Many thanks for your replies, have just checked the boot area, yes their is a switch to switch on / off, unsure why that is when you have a on off switch on dash. 

you probably have separate switches for front & rear sensors. Were you to tow you would want the ability to switch the rears off.

https://www.radioandtvhelp.co.uk/interference/rtis_radio/DABmuxes_DABradio

Do you have the full manuals for your car, not just the quick start? You can download them free at https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual If you don't know your VIN just do a generic search by model, year etc.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links