Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003-2008 Toyota Avensis 1.8 SAT NAV B9010

dipak0101

Hi All,

I am new here, put a deposit down for a 2009 Toyota Avensis 1.8 this is on a 09 plate but it's the 2003-2008 model. – Picking it up this Saturday – 23/2/19

When i search for it - searches think it's the newer one.

It's got 58k on the clock has full dealership service history, 2 owners from new – top spec has built in sat nav and bought it for £3,200 hope I didn’t get robbed.

My question is the sat nav B9010 – the car has it however no disk provided and I am unsure how to obtain one.

The disk it should come with is the E 1G, but my question is can I purchase that off eBay do I need the disk only to install or disk in there all the time to use the sat nav.

Anything I need to look out for, cambelt? Should I change straight away like I said 58k on the clock.

What the fuel economy like?

Thanks every1

I think you may have the T25 2003 -2008 model. I have the T27 model which was built at the latter part of 2008, but not put on sale until January 2009 when the model was released. My car is a 2009 model being '58 plate. There were some unsold stock of T25 cars that were first registered well into 2009, getting '58 plate or even '09.  The obvious differences between the two petrols are body shapes, the T27 has 6 speed, and the parking brake is electronic (no handbrake level). 
Fuel economy for both are good. There is no cambelt to worry about. Just makes sure regular oil changes are carried out, with the correct grade of oil!

The disk for the Nav unit should come with the car, regardless if it is with the handbook and other paperwork or in the unit itself. If the disc is missing, this stop the unit from working if the Battery or the power to unit is disconnected. When reconnected, the unit need the disc to reboot or no stereo, let alone the satnav!

Everything else will be overall condition of the car. I hope you did some research before buying the car! 

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for the reply, yes your correct -  i was looking at the T27 model however my budget was £3 - £3.5 and i was looking at the bmw 318 but the boot was alot smaller and the economy/road rax and insurance were better with the avensis.

The car has full toyota dealership service history - so the car has been well looked after inside and out.

so if i was to purchase the E1G dvd from eBay - i should be fine?

4 hours ago, dipak0101 said:

so if i was to purchase the E1G dvd from ebay - i should be fine?

it almost certainly will be a counterfeit but most probably will work.

p.s. welcome to TOC, Dipak 🙂

Me again, was wondering if anyone could advise me here.

The sat nav dvd that I have in my car atm is Europe west E11 which is 2007/2008

Time has moved on since then, there are two current versions that I have seen on eBay and I am unsure which one I need:

Europe west E1G 2017-18 VER 2 or Europe west E1F 2017-18 VER 1.

The sellers are saying the same thing they both should work.

Any ideas?

And one more question in terms of the Battery looking to replace mine before winter looking at Bosch 005 12v 027 heavy duty to keep up with the demand of all the electronics sat nav ect

Both should work, E1G is the later (2 updates per year).

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply, I purchased it off eBay for £12 for version 1 could have spent £4.50 extra and get ver2 but tbh probably wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in my opinion.

Few questions if anyone can help me, just getting over how advanced this car is never had a car with so much tech installed.

There is a button located near the internal light, looks like a wifi symbol – how does that work? And what exactly does it do?

Also there are two microphones located nearby is this for the voice navigation? Don’t really know how to use it?

Shame you can’t use postcode for the sat nav, and a real shame it’s not a layout similar to google. Tried using it but doesn’t allow you to zoom in whilst using it. 

Probably need to mess around with it.

Finding the range on the dashboard not very accurate, either that or the car is ****** out petrol somewhere.

1 hour ago, dipak0101 said:

There is a button located near the internal light, looks like a wifi symbol – how does that work? And what exactly does it do?

can't remember this, will look up to refresh my memory

Also there are two microphones located nearby is this for the voice navigation? Don’t really know how to use it?

these are ultrasonic sensors for the alarm - in fact come to think of it that is probably what the button mentioned above is for - disabling.

Shame you can’t use postcode for the sat nav, and a real shame it’s not a layout similar to google. Tried using it but doesn’t allow you to zoom in whilst using it. 

You can, it has full postcode facility - but you need to enter the space. You should also be able to zoom.

Finding the range on the dashboard not very accurate, either that or the car is ****** out petrol somewhere.

The range counts down to a 9-10l reserve - it does not count down to empty (it's typical Toyota caution)

Do you have manuals for the car & head unit?

this turns off the alarm ultrasonic  sensors in car enabling you to lock car with windows open or leave a pet/person in car and it wont set off alarm

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links