Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK1 T-Sport - which summer tyres provide the best all round grip?

Silver Yaris

Hi all,

I currently have my full blown winters on at the moment but will need to put my standard wheels & tyres back on soon if it stays as mild as it is.

I currently have Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 185/55 R15 82V but want to replace 2 of them before they go back on the car as they are down to under 3mm.

I don't want to go down the route of cross climate or all season tyres due to having my winters so just really want a good summer tyre that gives good levels of grip in the rain.

The Goodyears's have been good but I was wondering if anyone can recommend anything else or do I stick with what I have?

Cheers

Uniroyal's (both RainExpert and RainSport's) are amazing in the rain. However I used a set of RainExpert 3's in the summer and felt that when you push on, the tyre gets quite hot and wears down really quickly. This is a common thing with these Uniroyals, but I guess that's just a compromise between wet weather grip and degradation in the dry. I've also heard good things about those Goodyear's. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Silver Yaris said:

Hi all,

I currently have my full blown winters on at the moment but will need to put my standard wheels & tyres back on soon if it stays as mild as it is.

I currently have Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 185/55 R15 82V

slightly higher profile tested but this may be worth you casting an eye over. http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2019-ADAC-Summer-Tyre-Test-185-65-R15.htm

also http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2018-Auto-Bild-15-inch-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links