Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis 2.2l diesel starting problem

ABL

Hi again, Matt, I do it every time now, as it seems as though there is more chance of it starting either first or second time of operation of the key, before I feel that the Battery starts to struggle. So I'm wondering if there is also a fuel flow, or fuel pressure, problem as well.  When you get a combination of things causing problems it makes it more difficult to sort.  I'm going to start with the starter motor, then glowplugs, then get at local garage to check out the fuel system - I'm sure they can put a high pressure gauge, which I haven't got, onto the fuel system and see what's happening. I'm sure it will get sorted in the near future. Thanks for your interest. Cheers Alan

Hi Alan.

Do you have an OB2 reader to see if you have had any fault codes come up.

Many places sell them, for example Amazon.

Mike.

Alan, you said in some posts ago you didn’t know how to put on this forum a sound/video/phot on here. 

As I am now typing I can see at the bottom of the box I am typing in “click to choose files”, do that. You will need to know where the file is you want to load, ie where on your computer (that’s where all my files are). Find you file and load it. It should appear in the box you are typing. I do find it easier to load a file direct from my computer rather then a phone or tablet.

Try it, do it once and it becomes easier.

Hi Mike, yes, I do have an OB2 reader - it's only a cheap one but has sorted my son's problem on his VW golf car and his girl friends Mini Cooper.  No faults found on my car.

Cheers Mike

Hi Joe, thanks for the advice on how to put photos/videos onto this site.  I will take a short video clip showing the start problem and see if I can upload it.

Cheers Joe.

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2019 at 10:30 PM, ABL said:

Hi Mike, yes, I do have an OB2 reader - it's only a cheap one but has sorted my son's problem on his VW golf car and his girl friends Mini Cooper.  No faults found on my car.

Cheers Mike

Hi Joe, thanks for the advice on how to put photos/videos onto this site.  I will take a short video clip showing the start problem and see if I can upload it.

Cheers Joe.

Hi Alan 

Did you sorted your problem as i might have some similar issues !

please let me know 

thanks