Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

d4d engine management light

Mikey14254

I have a 52 plate yaris d4d, it has only done 30k miles. the engine management light come on earlier this week and the car lost power, I turned the car off and started it after a few mins and it seemed to run fine. then it happened again. when plugged into the machine nothing comes up but im thinking this is because the engine management light isn't on.

since the problem started I've had the car serviced and had the diesel filter changed. The light come on again last night so I drove it home and left it there. any ideas what the problem could be?

thanks

I had the same issue with ours.. Turned out to be glow plug failure.(easy to change) The bottoms of the plugs where they meet the cylinder head showed bad corrosion so I replaced two VERY carefully. That was false economy as the other two failed within a month.. Made no difference to ease of starting.

EML on   MOT fail..

I cannot recall how I tested them - I think I disconnected the rail joining all plugs and ran a wire to a single one  and measure resistance to earth.  One with the highest resistance (broken circuit) = failed... (I think) Or was it zero resistance?  Sorry.. no idea.

Hi

I used to have an auris with the 1.4 d4d engine. I had also changed the fuel filter myself, filled up the new filter with diesel fuel before fitting. Started fine and left running for a period of time to make sure there was no air in the system. Went to the car later and it wouldn't start and found the engine management light had came on. Fortunately managed to start after several attempts and the management light also cleared itself fortunately. 

Last week I drove it a few times and the light come on. It cleared once I turned the car off and restarted a couple of mins later. When plugged into the machine nothing come up. Don't want to drive it in case the light comes on on a busy road 

Without an error code not much we can do. 

Sounds strange that the engine management light comes on and wahtever you use to read the error is not reading any errors. What tool are you using?

Also glow plugs have nothing to do with this. GloW plugs are only used by the engine couple of times when you start the car in cold weather and after a minute or 2 the system switches off completely so even without glow plugs the cars should run fine once you start the engine.

Without any more info it can be thousands of things.

14 hours ago, mecheng46 said:

Without an error code not much we can do. 

Sounds strange that the engine management light comes on and wahtever you use to read the error is not reading any errors. What tool are you using?

Also glow plugs have nothing to do with this. GloW plugs are only used by the engine couple of times when you start the car in cold weather and after a minute or 2 the system switches off completely so even without glow plugs the cars should run fine once you start the engine.

Without any more info it can be thousands of things.

I do happen to know what I am talking about, having experienced it first hand.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links