Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TA volume

bathtub tom

I've a '14 reg (pre facelift) 1.3 Icon with touchscreen audio. The traffic announcements are uncomfortably loud. I thought that if you adjust the volume while a traffic announcement was on, then it would remember that setting. If I recall correctly, that used to work. Now if I adjust the volume during a traffic announcement, the volume changes while I'm adjusting it, but as soon as the volume adjustment stops, the volume returns to a very loud setting. When a traffic announcement ends, the volume automatically returns to a sensible setting.

I spent last night perusing the (sizeable) manual to no avail. I've been through all the on screen options I can find.

Anyone suggest a solution?

There seems to be a problem with mine too......
Set the Nav. volume to 3 with music set at 20......Everything perfect. music on or off, Nav. is just right.
Tune comes on I like......Turn music up to 35......Nav makes deafening announcements.
I've tried all combinations, but they seem to be linked somehow.

47 minutes ago, Unklian said:

but they seem to be linked somehow.

they are as if the nav volume stayed the same when you turned up the media volume then you would miss instructions as they would be drowned out.You can, however, set the initial relationship.

3 hours ago, bathtub tom said:

I've a '14 reg (pre facelift) 1.3 Icon with touchscreen audio. The traffic announcements are uncomfortably loud. I thought that if you adjust the volume while a traffic announcement was on, then it would remember that setting. If I recall correctly, that used to work. Now if I adjust the volume during a traffic announcement, the volume changes while I'm adjusting it, but as soon as the volume adjustment stops, the volume returns to a very loud setting. When a traffic announcement ends, the volume automatically returns to a sensible setting.

I spent last night perusing the (sizeable) manual to no avail. I've been through all the on screen options I can find.

Anyone suggest a solution?

Do you mean the TMC traffic announcements or regular satnav instructions? If regular satnav instructions go Setup>General >Volume & adjust Nav (I find 2 probably the best in my Avensis, Bob seems to like 3 in a Yaris).

I presume I mean TMC traffic announcements, as I don't have satnav (or DAB).

6 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Do you mean the TMC traffic announcements or regular satnav instructions? If regular satnav instructions go Setup>General >Volume & adjust Nav (I find 2 probably the best in my Avensis, Bob seems to like 3 in a Yaris).

Yes, I'm doing that......
Satnav set at 3, music at 20.

If I then turn up the music......Say 35......
Satnav announcement is VERY loud.
Can this "link" be removed?

No, it is by design so that you can continue to hear the nav instructions over the media if you turn that up. What system software/mapping are you using as sometimes things seem to get adjusted/changed between versions?

Also, what sometimes can happen though is that as you are turning up/down the media a nav instruction is issued & in that case you will suddenly find yourself turning up/down the nav volume rather than the media ...

p.s. if your system has ASL what is it set at?