Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cosmetic problems.

spetros1

Hello.

I want to ask you if anyone has problems like this.

My local Dealer says that this problem is common in Yaris.

I have this problem from the first day of the car.

Thank you.

image.JPG

The dealer may well say it’s a common problem....... but what is the dealership going to do about it.? I wouldn’t be happy with that.

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

The dealer may well say it’s a common problem....... but what is the dealership going to do about it.? I wouldn’t be happy with that.

Thank you for your answer Joe.

The Dealer will do nothing because as he said this is a assembly problem ( from the factory )  . He just send a email with the answer

I am curious if other Yaris owners have the same problem .

I would have thought that a dealer actually saying 'assembly problem' is a round about way of admitting it is a problem. 4mm is a pretty big gap. If this really bothers you then I would contact Toyota in your country and send them a copy of the image and the dealers response. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mooly said:

I would have thought that a dealer actually saying 'assembly problem' is a round about way of admitting it is a problem. 4mm is a pretty big gap. If this really bothers you then I would contact Toyota in your country and send them a copy of the image and the dealers response. 

I have already contact TOYOTA Greece and the answer is that the gap betwwen 3-4mm is inside the manufacturer specs !!!!

• Like 1

That to me is totally unacceptable from the dealer and Toyota Greece.  Who did you contact at Toyota Greece...... go higher up the management chain...... to a high level.  Dont ask if 4mm is acceptable.....TELL them it is NOT acceptable 

• Like 2

Toyota themselves saying its acceptable seems a strange admission and if true smacks of poor quality control. It looks almost like it would click back into place... but don't go breaking anything by trying at this stage. 

I would not be happy with that size gap on any car, am with Catlover here get onto them till it is sorted. 

An extract from the Toyota Europe new car warranty states:

Comprehensive 
The warranty covers any defect that is attributable to a manufacturing or assembly fault under normal use for a period of 3 years or 100,000km, whichever comes first, with no mileage limitation for the first year (only valid in Pan-European countries).

As the dealer has admitted it is an assembly problem, it should be covered under the new car warranty. Furthermore, if the issue is a common problem, get them to show you how well other Yaris of a similar age are finished, and whether similar gaps are in evidence. If not, I would take the issue up with your equivalent of trading standards.

Remember your contract is between the dealer and yourself, not the manufacturer/importer.

Thank you all for your answers.

After some search i have managed to contact with the manufacturer ( In France ) .

I told them that i had this problem and that i have contacted with the local TOYOTA

They offered to help me about this and asked me to send them a photo with the problem and they will answer through ΤΟΥΟΤΑ Greece.

I dont know if this is a good action that i have made but i am waiting.

It sounds a good action to me. Lets hope you get a more sympathetic response. 

Let us know how it all works out 🙂