Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Test Drive Today

marlinleg

Hi I have had a test drive today in the all new RAV4 it was the 2 wheel drive Dynamic full leather. In a word brilliant. Ultra quite in EV mode apart from a slight wine from the electric motor on moving off and on stopping, it wasn’t a problem AT ALL to start with I thought it was an emergency vehicle in the distance, I kept looking in the mirror expecting to see police/ ambulance . On the dual carriageway. It was very quite on full acceleration noisier in sport mode , back to normal driving mode and  I was pleasantly suprised by the lack of engine noise that was present in my 2014 Prius Plus when flooring the throttle ,there was always lots of engine noise whilst waiting for the CVT  to catch up.

a vast improvement in the new RAV4 . When the car goes from EV to petrol engine and back again you can’t tell ,even if your listening for the change The cabin was very well screwed together the driving seat was easy to get my ideal driving position (6ft)  comfortable and very supportive  . Back to the dealers and parking up  so quite in EV mode full rear camera . 

Very good test drive with dual carriageway and town work .

next test driving Lexus NX on the same route, followed  by the

Audi Q3 Sport 35 TFSI S tronic

They have quite a lot to do when you consider the RAV4 5 year warranty and 2 years interest free finance . Plus the RAV4 is an all new design 

• Like 2

Isn't Lexus NX still based on older (previous) RAV4 platform?
Liked the Excel with JBL and PVM, but luck of Apple Car Play and Android Auto was a show stopper for me.
Will be looking at SEAT Ateca Cupra probably

1 hour ago, SponsorUK said:

Isn't Lexus NX still based on older (previous) RAV4 platform?
Liked the Excel with JBL and PVM, but luck of Apple Car Play and Android Auto was a show stopper for me.

yes, the current NX is based on the last RAV4 platform.

At least CarPlay (& I strongly suspect Android Auto too) is supposed to be coming to the new Corolla/RAV4 (& I suspect all models which use the "new" MM17 system) but I suspect that it is going to be several - many months away.

Hi I have just had a test drive in the Lexus NX/SE after test driving the new RAV4 Dynamic

Same test route the NX was very disappointing,in the fact road noise from the tyres at 70mph,also the ride was choppy in town pot holes ect ,to be honest I was shocked after the RAV4, for me the road noise in a car like this was unexceptable and there was wind noise from the mirrors, all the windows were closed . The seating was very good and very supportive but  I was disappointed in the Lexus NX/SE road noise, in a car of this build quality and reputation you should simply glide silently along 

The RAV4 was simply superb

Regards to one and all 

Thanks the NX was on 18in but I get the reporter comments 

it was more of a reply towards Andy's comment that he would be trying the Ateca than of your comment re. the Lexus. I think that is just suffering from being an old platform which is no longer competitive in driving terms with newer rivals (incl. the new RAV4).

Hi guys, went to my local dealer over the weekend and they had Dynamic fwd in showroom. Had a chat whit the sales guy (who attended two RAV4 specific courses) and he confirmed that CarPlay and potentially Android Auto will be coming later this year. Apparently, all the hardware is in place already and it will be just a firmware update that can be done at home or dealer can do it. This should work on all new RAV4 already sold. According to him, Toyota is finalising the legal agreement with Apple and Google regarding what data is collected and how it is stored. Regarding the Ateca Cupra, I agree it has much harder suspension, but it is very quick. However, I had Leon Cupra DSG for a while and DSG box is great when you are driving quickly, but not as relaxed and smooth in normal driving conditions, especially at low speed - DSG is hesitant at times and a bit jerky. To be honest, I can leave with the hard suspension, but the relaxed and comfortable hybrid drive that RAV4 offers is more suited for the family car (and Ateca Cupra is way too fast for my wife 🙂)

Anyway, I decided to wait until the official confirmation of CarPlay at least, before I order Excel with JBL+PVM and removable tow bar for the bike stand, probably in silver or standard flat white with the grey leather (apparently real leather) interior.

Thanks Andy very pleased if that comes off . Toyota Really need to do this Apple/Android up date . I am looking At the Excel 2WD . Test driving a Honda CR-V Hybrid Tomorrow

10 hours ago, marlinleg said:

...Test driving a Honda CR-V Hybrid Tomorrow

I for one will be interested in your thoughts on that.

Will post after test drive 

Hello I have just had a test drive today in the Honda CR-V Hybrid EX 

It’s very very similar to the New RAV4 in every way I drove on motorway and town and country. A fabulous  car in every way noise wise just on par with the RAV4 very quiet nothing to worry about. I do prefer the RAV4 cabin for me the RAV4 fits me like a glove. I was impressed by the RAV4 cabin . The Honda again lovely cabin but it’s the RAV4 cabin would be my choice . Finally price wise again nothing in it .

Accelerating from the slip road on to the motorway in sports mode 

( engine+ electric motor) noise levels rise ,but not a problem , most drivers will be driving more sedately , car changing from EV mode to hybrid and engine is undetectable you have to look at the symbol on the dash to see whatever mode you are in, which is exactly the same as the RAV4 

RAV4  5year warranty plus spare wheel not sure if it’s space saver ,also 2 years interest free credit 😀

I hear as well Apple & aneroid play coming soon ,sale guy at my Toyota dealership is on a course today so I’ll check and get back on this 

Honda CR-V 3 years but you can extended it 4th 5th years for £375 

that’s on a new car though 

Honda also do a 5 year service plan for £599 

and the Honda has Apple play + android 

I will be buying this month but which one . It will all be down to best part-ex on the day, if the salesman knows you are putting a   deposit down there and then it’s quite surprising what they come up with 

One thing sales manager was saying Brexit buy this month is he just trying trying it on  because No one knows what’s going to happen with in-port duty especially from. Japan ?? 

Your thoughts please

• Like 1

From a look at the Honda web site, the C-RV ticks many boxes, including the Heads Up Display (even some cheaper small cars have been getting these now, so it's hard to understand why it's missing from a car in this price range and this far up the Toyota line-up).  

A complete show-stopper for me is the C-RV's lack of spare wheel, and I really don't like all-black interiors that I find depressing after a few hours, and there's no other choice in the Honda.

I saw my first RAV4 today (a fairly basic model) in a showroom - yes, it does have a space-saver - although at first glance I thought it wasn't - it's bigger than my Prius regular wheels!  Looking at the main wheels I can see why the tyres cost more than double those on my Prius.

I'm getting a 2-hour demo of a FWD Dynamic at my usual dealer on Saturday, with the option of a long borrow later on if I'm still interested. 

Hi The Honda CR-V has free option for ivory leather instead of black 

1 minute ago, marlinleg said:

Hi The Honda CR-V has free option for ivory leather instead of black 

OK thanks, I couldn't see that from the configurator - that would appeal, but no spare wheel is as absolute no-no for me, so the C-RV is off my list.

How much would a spare wheel cost for the C-RV if it is an optional extra?

Probably £several hundred, but that's not the issue - these are big wheels/tyres, and without a space to stow and secure it under the boot floor, it will take up a lot of boot space.

That's not so good if there is no space for a spare wheel. I don't like the puncture repair kits that some cars come with these days. 

Spare space saver £200/£250 . BUT you will need to find a home for the jack ect 

I did like the look of the CRV but the BIK is high compared to the RAV 4 and as company car driver I did not consider it.