Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any advice

Bev J

Hi, I have a 2014 Argo play which is a great little car for me and up until about a month ago had never given me any problems. However , 3 times recently the car has started normally and been fine until I’ve needed to stop for a couple of minutes and switch the engine off , then when I’ve tried to start the engine again it’s as if the Battery is dead! Absolutely nothing! I’ve found if I leave it for 5 minutes or so it will then start as normal. Very odd and baffling me. I will get it booked in to be looked at asap but really want to go with s little knowledge if anyone can help??

Moved to the Aygo club.

I'd bite the bullet and have it looked at...maybe a code read...guessing can be expensive.!

Might be worth checking the Battery connections though..make sure they are clean and tight,

I was going to suggest seeing if the Battery clamps needed nipping up as well. First thing to check.

Is it dead as in no dash lights, headlights won't flash, radio won't work etc or dead as in it just won't turn over but everything else seems OK?

Hi, it’s as if everything is dead and the ignition just does a couple of clicks. After 5/10 minutes though it starts again and seems fine! Just trying to get hold of my Toyota branch but they’re obviously not answering the phones yet 🤣

2 hours ago, RUToyota said:

I'd bite the bullet and have it looked at...maybe a code read...guessing can be expensive.!

Might be worth checking the battery connections though..make sure they are clean and tight,

Thank you, will do

Let us know how you get on... hope its an easy fix.

Hiya............agree with above about getting it checked.......my money would say a loose Battery terminal (earth side) or loose other end of earth cable where bolted to chassis ....please let us know the outcome 😉