Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Tyres do you use on your CH-R ?

Marvin42

Hello All,

My CH-R came with Michelin Primacy 3 tyres which I seriously do not like.  I have had them on previous cars and their performance is very poor.  Please consider that I am not a fast driver but do drive between 400 and 600 miles a week.  I find the traction control cutting in if i drive over manholes or drain covers, I can wheel spin on roads with gravel on them and have poor traction in the wet.  I drive in Eco mode to get better fuel economy - i did the same in my previous MY14 Prius - and would appreciate any input from other owners.

I am looking to move to Michelin Cross-Climate as I have previously found them to be the best overall tyre for grip in all conditions as soon as the Primacy 3's wear out and am happy to live with  2-3 drop in MPG

• 1 month later...

I’m getting the same problems, wheel spin at the drop of a hat. Would like to replace all the tyres, but too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I also agree about the Michelin Primacy 3 tyres find them very soft. Also have the traction light on when pulling out on to roundabouts and the worst is if if you are stopped and waiting to turn right and the on coming  car gives u the lights to go half lock on the steering put the foot down and the tyres light up. 

I also had cross climate on my last car found them excellent will go for them when tyres are due for change. 

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree with all of you. I tested different Michelin tyres and the CrossClimate were the best as long as it's not for driving mainly on highways.

I've bought C-HR only recently and sadly realised there's no CrossClimate available yet for 18 inch rims. I've talked to Michelin and they say there's no plan to introduce new sizes.

The only Michelin tyres I've found for C-HR with 18 inch rims were Primacy 3 or 4 (also run flat).

8 hours ago, TomNatt said:

I've bought C-HR only recently and sadly realised there's no CrossClimate available yet for 18 inch rims. I've talked to Michelin and they say there's no plan to introduce new sizes.

Are there Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-2 or Continental AllSeasonContacts available in the size that you want?

Are you guys who are spinning up the wheels in “eco mode” or what.

I am certainly spinning in eco mode...!

Its a pity cross-climate will not be available for 18" rims.  Does anyone have experience with Primacy 4 tyres ? are they any better than 3s ?

When i was last in the local Dealership a few weeks ago I noticed that the new cars were fitted with Bridgestones, anyone have experience of them ?

I will need new tyres soon, already 17K on my car after 9 months, usually get 20-25K between tyre changes, so will need to decide what to buy soon.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:40 PM, Heidfirst said:

Are there Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen-2 or Continental AllSeasonContacts available in the size that you want?

Not where I've checked. I've only seen some winter and Run Flat ones. Local fitters generally don't stock this size and I had to look where I could order them.

It's a shame Michelin is offering CrossClimate SUV 235/50/R18, but not 225/50/R18.

The same size is used by BMW X1, some Audis and new Lexus UX, but they tend to use Run Flat.

Toyota also offers Run Flat as an option for C-HR, so possibly that's why not every new C-HR has Michelin Primacy 3 fitted (in the UK).

The difference between Michelin Primacy 3 and 4 is improved fuel economy and noise, W99 instead of V95 and they are reinforced (to increase load capacity).

When it comes to Goodyear branded tyres I would consider them only if I was sure they were tested in Europe and tests confirmed specification, as it hasn't been a case in the past.

Continental sells tyres with varying parameters between batches. For example sometimes there are the same types and sizes of tyres with ratings A/B/69 and B/C/71 in the same warehouse.

2 hours ago, TomNatt said:

Continental sells tyres with varying parameters between batches.

That's true of most manufacturers as they seek to improve the tyres over the model's production lifespan.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:08 PM, Marvin42 said:

Hello All,

My CH-R came with Michelin Primacy 3 tyres which I seriously do not like.  I have had them on previous cars and their performance is very poor.  Please consider that I am not a fast driver but do drive between 400 and 600 miles a week.  I find the traction control cutting in if i drive over manholes or drain covers, I can wheel spin on roads with gravel on them and have poor traction in the wet.  I drive in Eco mode to get better fuel economy - i did the same in my previous MY14 Prius - and would appreciate any input from other owners.

I am looking to move to Michelin Cross-Climate as I have previously found them to be the best overall tyre for grip in all conditions as soon as the Primacy 3's wear out and am happy to live with  2-3 drop in MPG

On 4/16/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jonmartin said:

I’m getting the same problems, wheel spin at the drop of a hat. Would like to replace all the tyres, but too expensive.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, gavin77 said:

Hi I also agree about the Michelin Primacy 3 tyres find them very soft. Also have the traction light on when pulling out on to roundabouts and the worst is if if you are stopped and waiting to turn right and the on coming  car gives u the lights to go half lock on the steering put the foot down and the tyres light up. 

I also had cross climate on my last car found them excellent will go for them when tyres are due for change. 

On 5/14/2019 at 3:12 PM, TomNatt said:

I totally agree with all of you. I tested different Michelin tyres and the CrossClimate were the best as long as it's not for driving mainly on highways.

The only Michelin tyres I've found for C-HR with 18 inch rims were Primacy 3 or 4 (also run flat).

Sounds worrying.

Seems like all C-HR HSD 2017/18 executive (highest trim level in Sweden) got Michelin Primacy 3 tyres here in Sweden ,too.

Im thinking about to (possibly) trade in our Auris TS HSD 2014 for an C-HR HSD cause Ive got some back/spinal/lumbar problems and our Auris is a bit to low for comfortable enter/exit (really like the Auris othervise)

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture, but Primacy 3 stamped 0517 already has cracks. Toyota recommends to check tyres for ageing after 6 years...

I live in Scotland. We have 12C for most of the time, occasionally -2C or 25C. Hardly extreme weather and no excess UV.

20190626_093729.jpg