Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket double din stereo with sat nav - 2009 Auris 1.33

Avais

Hi Community,

My first post for my first car 🙂

Bought an Auris 2009 1.33 Petrol a few weeks back. The stereo does not have anything other than CD so I am thinking to upgrade it.

Anyone have any valuable feedback on things like this/Anyone had this installed and would like to share feedback please?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FQCK1Z5/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I will make sure the size fittings, all I am concerned is how reliable would be the GPS navigation on this?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

First and most obvious, that thing is too cheap, and the pictures on screen seem to be photoshopped in. The reviews, although positive, seems a bit fake to me. Fitting might be a problem, due to being universal fit.

They say: HD TOUCH SCREEN: This car radio MP5 player has a 7 inch digital TFT HD touch screen with 1080P video format and native resolution of 800 * 480pixels, provides you a clearer resolution and bigger display.
So the actual display resolution is 800x480, on a screen that big, it's gonna look not the prettiest, but bearable. The device seems to be universal, so for random cars, meaning the connections will require a bit more hands on, and some experience, and maybe even an soldering iron.

You have units being made specifically for Auris, which give a pretty good fit, interface with the steering wheel commands, etc, but they cost 2x more than this, or even more, but with them you usually get a front and rear camera, with the wiring and all, so you kinda get the Dashcam with it.

The CD player you have can read mp3, so that's around 160 songs per disc, or maybe an easier option for you would be adding usb / bluetooth capability for your unit, it's a cheaper alternative, and easier to setup.

• Like 1

If you really want a screen entertainment system best is to look for something branded like  Pioneer or Kenwood, Sony ect., these cheap ones are nothing but waste of money. There are some good units for around £300 on the web that also supports Apple car play and android auto so make more sense and you can use your maps from your phone, connect better rear view camera and enjoy quality stuff. I was thinking of upgrading my system but than I realised that I use my phone for all I need in the car infotainment and no need any further complications and at the end i invested my money in a set of proper winter tyres and good summer tyres instead , so safer driving in any season. 

Regards 

9 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

If you really want a screen entertainment system best is to look for something branded like  Pioneer or Kenwood, Sony ect., these cheap ones are nothing but waste of money.

People used to say the same for Chinese phones, but look at it now...
I think a good unit will cost you around 180 gbp or so, with wheel commands being functional.  If your main concern is music, usb/aux and bluetooth kits (all in one) are like 30-50 gbp or so, depending where you buy them, and should be  easier to install. 

Thanks a lot! I will keep in mind these points 🙂 

Appreciate it

I found myself this nice radio(Kenwood DDX418BT headunit)
that I am looking to upgrade to sometime this year.

Plus I love the fact that it has wiring for the OEM Steering controls.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2019 at 8:56 AM, furtula said:

You have units being made specifically for Auris, which give a pretty good fit, interface with the steering wheel commands, etc, but they cost 2x more than this, or even more, but with them you usually get a front and rear camera, with the wiring and all, so you kinda get the Dashcam with it.

Could you (or anybody) name one of these units specifically made for the Auris?

I am assuming it includes car controls like knowing the selected gear and steering wheel position for the reversing camera?

On 8/1/2020 at 1:55 PM, Douglasheld said:

Could you (or anybody) name one of these units specifically made for the Auris?

I am assuming it includes car controls like knowing the selected gear and steering wheel position for the reversing camera?

It will work with steering wheel commands, maybe with reversing camera if it's some simple plug. For the gears and the rest, i doubt it. It's aftermarket part.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, Celt said:

Looking for a unit that will fit also

I saw them mostly on aliexpress, and i think some people on forum fitted them in the past. Some also bought more known brand names, like pioneer, so you can try searching the forum, for similar topics, to see the model numbers.