Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAP Insurance

marlinleg

Hello to one and all looking to purchase a new RAV4 Excel 2 wheel drive . Any advice on were to purchase GAP insurance .

Also my car insurance covers new car replacement  in the first 12 months 

thank you 

Hi Phillip, you could try Confused.com, or you could try Adian Flux to see if they can arrange it for you.

HonestJohn tends to recommend ALA (I don't know if he gets a commission on referrals or not).

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/105762/is-gap-insurance-a-worthwhile-investment-

If you already have insurance that will replace your car with a new one if it is written off in the first year imo GAP insurance becomes less worthwhile as the biggest drop in value is in the first year.

We've used ALA for our last four cars. If one changes car before the Gap policy ends, one can get a discount off a new policy. Choice of policy length and type of Gap insurance. See 

Much cheaper than dealer offerings.

Thanks . Yes my car insurance will replace a new car owned by me in the first 12 months thanks again 

Depends which level of Gap insurance you look at. 

For example, discounting the first year new car replacement (which is usually operative if one is the first owner - thus removing pre-reg cars from this clause), if a car is written off, one will receive somewhere between trade value and retail value as settlement. Insurers won't pay full retail value.

One option of Gap, is return to invoice, where if the car is written off, the Gap insurance pays out the difference between the car insurance settlement and the invoice value of the car when purchased.

Choice is yours.

• Like 1

Hi.

We offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan.