Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drive Side Dent on Wheel Arch

Franky89

Hey guys, first post here (apologies if it needs to be in a different sub-forum). I recently dented the DS wheel arch and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on getting it out myself (or any places in North Leeds that would be able to get it out)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

Would have thought a SMART repairer such as Chipsaway would be able to handle this. We've used Chipsaway for minor scratches and paint repairs previously, and been pleased with the results. Do a search for smart repairs north Leeds and that should give a selection. 

That looks to be a bit more of a job than a smart repair, there are quite a few wrinkles in that wing. By all means call out one of the "Chips away" style companies but that looks more like a bodyshop repair 

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sorry to read the sad news, but thats def a body shop job since the wing looks pretty much pushed in sadly, the smart guys are smart but not that smart, it’ll involve a full wing respray, the thing with red is colour match and then that shiny look due to the laquer process which makes it stand out more, which then involves blowing it into the front door and possibly the corner of the bumper too.

Im talking from my own experience but i wish you the best of luck, im yet to see a body repair that doesnt stand out.

Do you think a replacement wing might be the better option and cheaper one too?

I'd say that a body shop job...it looks as though it's creased and no amount of "smart" is gonna get them out....and look good afterwards.

Thanks for the input so far guys. I had a quick search online the other day and noticed a few topics about 'tack dent removal', does anyone have any experience with this?

The car is actually going back to Toyota soon as its on a PCP lease, I'll be hiring another brand new car with them but i assume as this damage is quite large they'd sting me with a bill?

Basically it involves tacking a bolt/wire to the wing and pulling the dent out. It is designed for pulling areas that are double skinned and difficult to pull out. When you consider the time it would take to pull out, skim and repair and repaint, you are probably not far off the price of a new wing

When you return the car it has to be in good condition, you WILL be charged for any damage, and you have no control over the costs, so best done before it goes back. You could put it though your insurance?

couldn't you px your old car against the new car then you wouldn't have to pay out

its only if you hand the car back you have to pay for any damage

11 hours ago, eygo said:

couldn't you px your old car against the new car then you wouldn't have to pay out

its only if you hand the car back you have to pay for any damage

They'll deduct the cost of the repair from the trade in value tho.  

Personally, I'd find a local back street type body shop and get it fixed for a couple of hundred quid.