Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange whooshing noise.

PW39

A couple of weeks ago while driving my 2007 auto 1800 Avensis I had to accelerate quite hard when exiting from a side road into a busy main road. Immediately after this hard acceleration there was a very disturbing loud whooshing roaring noise, not a continuous noise but a slow pulsation. It felt like a build-up of gasses and something had blown.
I had to continue on through a town and the noise was now less but steady, I stopped and inspected the car and everything seemed okay.
I continued my 37 mile journey home, still a noise but performance seemed to be unaffected.
After a few days I still felt there was still a slight noise problem, I might be imagining this though.
I have just had the exhaust system checked and it’s fine.
Has anybody else had this experience?

Hey,

It's quite hard to understand what noise you're talking about, things like whooshing and roaring simply don't mix in my head so if you could find a similar noise on YouTube or even record it that would aid in faster diagnosis.