Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with connector

Inf

Hello,

its my first topic here so please forgive me if something wrong. 

So i have removed panel with mirror adjustment and optional extras, 3 of which are occupied and 1 blank (see pictures below) and also found that behind the panel there was a spare connector (black one) with wires going into it (picture below). 

Does anyone have any idea what it is for? And maybe its an option like plug and play, but just have to find the correct button?

Its an Auris Touring Sports Hybrid 2013 

Thanks. 

1F31C9FE-2D8F-48EC-8E65-18B07AAEA6CF.jpeg

5B16FA80-2EA7-4957-9844-8DC8D335E49C.jpeg

Probably for that spare hole, for a feature you don't have. You can try finding the electrical schematics for it.

The only switch listed for your car that is not there is a VSC off switch

18 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The only switch listed for your car that is not there is a VSC off switch

So can i just get a VSC Off button and plug it in and it will work??

• Like 1

If your car doesn't have VSC then fitting a VSC 'Off button' is unlikely to work. VSC is a system which uses various sensors and an ECU to operate. Your Auris year model possibly didn't have VSC as standard or maybe it was an option?

i cannot tell for sure, but when i was driving on ice and car wanted to throw its ***** out the esp or vsc tryed to catch it and i heared brakes being aplied + abs working

Not sure how its works on a Toyota, but on my Mercedes SL600 ESP/ABS are working as one in order to prevent slides

When you start the car, do you have a message like VSC on, or VSC ok,  or something?

ESP/VSC become compulsory on new models introduced after 1st November 2011, and on all new cars first registered within the EU after 1st November 2014. The second generation Auris (December 2012 onwards) had ESP/VSC as standard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links