Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing Camera

bill.belfield

Anybody got any hacks for keeping the lens clean, think it's a Yaris thing but the back of the car is always filthy.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Rear mudflaps usually reduce the amount of dirt deposited on the rear.

• Like 1

It only gets dirty when it's wet, so I wet my finger and wipe the lens at the end of a journey.

• Like 1

Same as Bob after a wet drive i clean it for next time, does get dirty really easily? wonder if other makes of car have same problem or does it just depend on car design and placement of camera? 

Edited by Eddie G
Spell check

I have the yaris design and do not have any bother with the lens other than it mists up sometimes depending on the weather

The one on my current 4th Gen Prius and previous 3rd Gen Prius stays clean most of the time, but damp weather can muck it up quite a bit.  Heavy rain is less of a problem.

As Frosty says, mud flaps may well help.

The Chevrolet Bolt EV (recently launched in the US) actually fires a washer jet at the rear camera when the rear screen wash/wipe is activated.
Other manufacturers will probably follow in time, but for all their excellence in many respects, I somehow won't hold my breath for Toyota being an early adopter of this idea!

Hi All, 

It's OK cleaning it after you leave the car and walk away, but isn't the problem reversing before you're finished with the car, and the lens being dirty..

I found that some sort of rain repellent works best.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links