Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power of 1.6 Business Edition Plus?

sproutdreamer

I quite fancy a newer Avensis mainly for better lights, autonomous braking, CC etc and a business edition plus has the spec. I am looking for on an older (2012) 1.8 model but these are pretty thin on the ground so I thought about a 1.6. However the lower power of the 1.6 makes me concerned as I find my T25 1.8/127BHP ok but would like a bit more power rather than less so my question is whether the 1.6 is a bit sluggish?

could you still get a 1.6 petrol Avensis in the UK in 2012? Tbh even the 1.8 (147bhp v 132 for 1.6) isn't exactly a ball of fire in terms of acceleration so I don't think that a 1.6 would be great (the specs say 9.4s v 10.4s).

later 1.6s (2015>) will be the BMW-derived turbodiesel. 

A good point I prefer petrol as I have friends who have had awful problems with turbos!

mmm 112bhp for the 1.6 diesel and 11.4 0-60. I would like something a bit perkier than my T25 rather than slower. It look as if I would need to settle for a 2.0 diesel, a pity..

if you want TSS you need to be looking at 2015> facelift. There should be some 1.8s around but they are rare - we even now have tales of people being approached in car parks & asked if they want to sell their cars ... 😮

• Like 1

Thanks for that info Scott- I did not know that all the hi tech safety stuff had now been rolled into a TSS basket. It is all just what I would like, apart from the depreciation on a near new car which I could not stomach!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links