Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rubber Roof Trim

PaulHu

Hi,

The rubber roof trim on my Aygo (2015) flew off and I have bought a replacement. What is the best way to fit the replacement to make sure this doesn’t happen again? Would some kind of mastic help? How does the rubber fit the clips? Any help would be much appreciated. It’s the rubber trim that covers the weld. 

thanks 

Hi Paul, welcome to TOC 🙂

tbh if it's a 2015 & yoiu haven't done over 100,000 miles it's still under warranty so take it to your dealer for warranty repair.

20 hours ago, PaulHu said:

Hi,

The rubber roof trim on my Aygo (2015) flew off and I have bought a replacement. What is the best way to fit the replacement to make sure this doesn’t happen again? Would some kind of mastic help? How does the rubber fit the clips? Any help would be much appreciated. It’s the rubber trim that covers the weld. 

thanks 

Hi Paul

Please could you tell me where you managed to get a replacement? Both of mine are missing, thanks to the baboons at Longleat 😉

Cheers Colin

Hi Colin,

If you are just after the cosmetic effect of having the roof trim back, have you thought about some kind of plastic or rubber tape.....Something along these lines:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/STORMGUARD-09AA0232438-Profile-SELF-ADHESHIVE-EXCLUDER/dp/B00T7QLSZ4/ref=pd_sbs_60_1/261-5386074-8964368?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00T7QLSZ4&pd_rd_r=bb72197e-4298-11e9-943c-57b102c3192c&pd_rd_w=h678W&pd_rd_wg=C4ysY&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=YF86A57CNDF7X3QBBDPY&psc=1&refRID=YF86A57CNDF7X3QBBDPY

I know that is actually draught excluder but if you didn't split it and finished the ends with a dab of black silicone sealant, it wouldn't look a million miles away from the original, at a fraction of the cost.  Failing that, a trawl around the breakers yards in your area and online would be my only other idea.

I know that you like a project and are very handy, so what about some chrome tape in the channels to match your bumper end pads? :wink:

All the best, Matey. :biggrin:

P.S. I used your swizzle stick tip on my heater knob and it works a treat....So much clearer than the little bump stop that I had originally used....Many thanks! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links