Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil and filter recommendation

Dave 1981

Hi all, wanting to change the oil on my recently acquired 2006 Yaris 1.0 vvti.. 

Are there any brands of oil to avoid? Or to actively search for? Also, is it better I go OEM fitler or is a 3rd party one ok? 

The car has a full service history and has only done 35k.

Am I right in thinking it takes 3.1ltr of oil btw ? 

5/30 semi synthetic?

Cheers.

Toyota 5w30 FE oil and genuine toyota filters are cheap enough and what i use in all my toyotas with no problem

Any of the big brand names should be fine including Toyotas but if you want to save a few pounds look at Comma Oils  ( available from motosave shops)

https://www.commaoil.com/products/results/91042965

Oil filters, agree Toyotas or other big names like BluePrint.

Have used the above for many years to high mileages.

Sounds like you need a Haynes manual if you are going to service it, plenty of useful facts, figures, servicing schedules  and guides in them.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/search?query=toyota yaris

I've looked for a Haynes but either I'm lookin in wrong place or can't find one for my engine n yr! Can get one for the 2006-2011 but it doesn't cover the 1.0vvti

Hmmm... does seem  a bit vague , though the up to 2005 manual does cover the 1 ltr , but no idea how much different the 2006 on models are..

Sure other Yaris users can enlighten you .....

Hope so, I did think of getting the manual for the 2005 model as it covers the 1.0ltr just not sure if it's my engine lol. But sayin that it isn't the most complex engine I've worked on !

Re: aftermarket filters.  I don't buy Bosch oil filters for our 2001 Corolla 1.4 vvti. (the same oil filter as yours?) 

I bought a Bosch oil filter from ECP, it only went on about 1 1/4 turns before it was fully tightened up.  Looking at the thread, it's set further  away from the sealing face.  I told Bosch technical dept. of the problem, but they didn't seem interested. 

All Toyota and mann branded ones ones have been fine on the previous 13-odd oil changes on this car.

As far as I'm aware, the first generation Yaris (1999-2005) used a four cylinder 16v 1.0 litre engine. The second generation Yaris (2006-2011) used the three cylinder 12v 1.0 engine from the Aygo.

It's the 3 cylinder vvti yes.. I'll look around more for a manual. N goto local dealer n get a genuine filter cheers for all the help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links