Do Not Sell My Personal Information

e90 estate door glass

fugly

hi anyone any idea where I can get an offside rear door quarter glass? looked everywhere to no avail.

Have you tried the big car  glass repair places like Autoglass, they might have some old stock ...?

Assume you have tried the online car salvage yards.

If all else fails, assuming its a flat piece, perhaps a local glass merchant can cut one to size based on a pattern from the other side, they  would then have to send it  away to be heat treated and  toughened so if broken it crumbles into safe little pieces rather than dangerous splinters.  The glass will then bear a safety mark.

1 hour ago, oldcodger said:

Have you tried the big car  glass repair places like Autoglass, they might have some old stock ...?

Assume you have tried the online car salvage yards.

If all else fails, assuming its a flat piece, perhaps a local glass merchant can cut one to size based on a pattern from the other side, they  would then have to send it  away to be heat treated and  toughened so if broken it crumbles into safe little pieces rather than dangerous splinters.  The glass will then bear a safety mark.

thanks I have tried most of the glass companies and salvage yards the problem is the glass is curved I am currently looking further afield nz is littered with old corollas if I can get them to post!

Looking at a pic of your estate, the door quarter light does not seem to have much of a curve, and perhaps only in one direction ..?

If all the glass options fail, what about some Perspex/Acrylic sheet, 3 or 4mm thick should allow a degree of movement to fit ..?

On 3/10/2019 at 4:14 PM, oldcodger said:

Looking at a pic of your estate, the door quarter light does not seem to have much of a curve, and perhaps only in one direction ..?

If all the glass options fail, what about some Perspex/Acrylic sheet, 3 or 4mm thick should allow a degree of movement to fit ..?

Thanks good idea! the curve is only in one direction, I have fitted some perspex can't tell really, so that will do until I come across one eventually 

• Like 1