Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't accesss my apps on My Toyota

BhxTrev

Hope someone can some help with this problem. I've been a bit slow downloading the last update from last year for my Prius Gen4 Excel with Touch2 with Go plus. I tried to download the update zip file today on my PC running Windows10 but during the download the internet dropped out & I needed to re-download the file. However, the e-Store on MyToyota just doesn't give you the option to do that. There doesn't seem to be an option to download & view any apps that have been purchased previously so I can't re-download the file for this update. It's not the first time I've had problems downloading & installing updates & quite frankly I'm getting sick & tired of wasting oodles of my time stuck in front of a computer screen looking at the MyToyota website, that doesn't seem to offer me what I'm after! The only thing that Toyota seems to be concerned with on that website is using it as a vehicle for promoting & & selling their cars & services! I really like my Prius but I'm getting a bit fed up with this pathetic updating problem. I have sent an email to Toyota & quite frankly if I can't get some answers that clarify once & for all the problems I'm now experiencing I guess in the not too distant future when I want to change my car, because of the bad taste this leaves me with, I'm going to look at other manufacturers. I just hope there's someone out there who can help me with this one since I have to say in the past you guys seem to be more in touch than contacting Toyota. 

14 minutes ago, BhxTrev said:

. However, the e-Store on MyToyota just doesn't give you the option to do that. There doesn't seem to be an option to download & view any apps that have been purchased previously so I can't re-download the file for this update.

There normally is a "My/previous purchases" section so that you can. It's quite possible that they are doing maintenance/changes so maybe try again tomorrow.

If we are lucky maybe they are uploading a Spring Update 😛

Tbh whilst these days I consider myself only mildly techie I don't find updating a problem (cue pride coming before a fall ... :P).

p.s. if you have a "low" system I can supply you the file but I can't give you the activation code for the update on your system if you don't have a note of it.

Hi Scott, firstly yes I do have the activation code so that's not a problem. As far as being a techie I've had unbelievable experience using computers & the internet, (University!), hence I get frustrated when I just can't access something because it simply insn't there. It does seem from my past experiences that the website is confusing to say the least. My son who works for an airline & drives many different cars asks me if I can just plug my iPhone into the USB port on the car & use google maps as my up to date sat nav. Apparently that's what he does but do you know if I can do that? Like you I hope they are downloading the Spring update but do you know if I need to download the last update before I did download the 'new' version? Thanks for taking the time to reply promptly to my problem. Hopefully you're right & they will re-establish My/previous purchases tomorrow. If not I'll certainly take you up on the offer supply the file. Thanks again, Trev

45 minutes ago, BhxTrev said:

My son who works for an airline & drives many different cars asks me if I can just plug my iPhone into the USB port on the car & use google maps as my up to date sat nav. Apparently that's what he does but do you know if I can do that?

You could do that as long as you use the iPhone screen/announcements as your satnav - afaik you can't mirror it's display to the Prius' screen.

do you know if I need to download the last update before I did download the 'new' version? 

you can skip versions. 🙂

Another option that some use is to get the dealer to do the update when the car goes in for a service, MOT or something.  It seems some dealers are happy to do this without charge - pretty sure mine would if I asked.

Hi Pete, unfortunately when I first had the car my dealer seemed to know less about the MyToyota website than I did so I've never asked them for advice since then, in fact most information I get is gleaned from this forum. Can you remember the dashcams we discussed at length some time ago & you suggested that your Norwich dealer would install them for me? Well the Toyota garage I use have been taken over by another company & they are offering webcam instillation now so my concerns about the fitting affecting the Toyota warranty are now sorted. Thanks for your suggestion to nip along to Norwich but as you would appreciate it would have a hell of a journey from the W.Midlands hence I chose not to do that. I'm hopefull that Scotts suggestion regarding the website being down for maintenance/changes are correct since I will try again tomorrow & if not I'll be giving their technical department a call pronto. 

This is the screen that you previously would have got. As you can see it has e-store, Purchases, Basket, & Payment History tabs.

ESTORE2.jpg

Hi Scott, I've just logged onto MyToyota e-Store & all I can access is the update app which I've already purchased. If I click on it again I get a message stating that I've already purchased it. It does not allow me to move to the page you show in your reply & there certainly aren't any 'headings' as shown in your screen shot. Remember that I was originally downloading the file until the internet dropped out. Whether this corrupted something, I don't know. I intend to contact Toyota with my PC at the ready & hope they can talk me through the problem. Thanks for your kind help, hopefully it's just something I'm doing wrong or something I've not set up correctly? 

Hi Scott & Pete, just been in touch with Toyota & yes they are having problems with the MyToyota site. However, I've been sent a link which seems to be working & im currently downloading the zip file. Hopefully the internet will remain stable & the whole file will download. Just in case anyone needs that link it's, 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eStore/purchased

Scott & Pete thanks for your help & concern with this problem.

• Like 1