Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Schedule 2005 Corolla 1.4 D4D

angryengineer

Dear Forum Readers:

Thank you for reading this post.

I am seeking the Toyota service schedule for my just purchased 2005 Corolla 1.4 D4D.

Would anyone out there be kind enough to advice on how I may source this information?

I appreciate any comments 🙂.

FYI the car is a saloon with 155,000 miles driven on it. It had been serviced regularly, but not by a Toyota dealer.

Hi,

I would normally suggest the Haynes manual like I have, but for some reason it does not cover the 1.4 diesel engine ??

You might have to buy direct from Haynes or eBay as Halfords no longer seem to stock them.

Would have thought though that  90% of the general service info would be the same.

You can usually download from Toyota their Users Handbook which would hopefully have service info for the 1.4 diesel engine, or some forum member might have some relevant 1.4 info they can share.

001489.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Dear oldcodger,

Thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂.

I managed to locate the information I was looking for in a spreadsheet format.

Being an engineer myself, I tend to get into details & specifications! Out of curiousity, I contacted my local Toyota dealership to obtain prices for standard service parts e.g. filters. The prices are...steep! 

I've dug around the internet and it appears that the German brands mann and Mahle come close to approaching OEM filter (oil, fuel, air, pollen) specifications and their build quality is high, so I have selected these for my use.

For engine oil, I have opted for the 5L container Comma Xtreme 5W30. It's "fully synthetic" and I feel confident that it's viscosity properties will remain within a satisfactory range up to 5,000 miles of usage, after which it will be changed, together with the mann W712/83 oil filter.

I've decided to flush the existing very dark brake fluid with A.T.E. branded DOT 5.1 brake fluid, so I have purchased 1.5L of it for my mechanic to this job. I have read that brake bleed screws can and do fail due to the long term corrosive beffects of the very caustic brake fluid they are in contact with. My Toyota dealer quoted £21.52 inc. VAT for a set of four OEM brake bleed screws. Now, if these were made from  stainless steel I might have purchased them. However, I believe they are made from plain carbon steel galvanized with a covering of zinc. 

I'd like to know the specifics of the car's blade bleed screws so as I could source stainless steel versions of them elsewhere. If you or anyone else could provide this information it would be most helpful 🙂.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links