Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Toyota Camry on sale in UK from 1st April

FROSTYBALLS

• 3 weeks later...

Always liked the Camry. They can do mega miles from the reports from American owners. I'm surprised they are reintroducing them to the UK market,  I thought the large saloons were going out of favour for the crossovers etc.

In Europe instead of having a direct replacement for the Avensis, Toyota will have the Corolla saloon/estate, the Prius and the Camry.

Saloons are selling less in Europe but there are some people that will buy that type of cars like mini cab drivers,  they are really comfortable, nicer to drive on long journeys and good reliability plus hybrid now available make sense to buy one of this over German top 3 brands. I may also buy one  when it’s time for a new car, I really like it. 👍

Lucky you Tony.  They look like stunning cars. Much more exclusive than the top German three. I didn't realise that they have discontinued the avensis now. The new corolla saloon looks nice also.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

& Autocar www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/toyota/camry/first-drives/toyota-camry-2019-review

This new Camry was launched in Thailand late last year. Its always been the best selling large saloon (they are locally built). Lots on the roads now and I've had a drive in one (a 2.5 non-hybrid).  Very nice car and looks very stylish from the sides and back - not so sure about the front.

They have three models available (2.0, 2.5 and 2.5 Hybrid).  The general feeling is that post-2015 generation was not as robust and reliable as previous Camry models. Hopefully this new model will restore the reputation.  I am currently saving up the pennies to buy a 2012-15 model.

• 2 weeks later...

Succsess in the US, but Us is a totally different market. In Norway/ Scandinavia 98% of 5m cars are estates. So it's strange to hear Toyota Norway hope the Camry  will fill some of the hole after the Avensis. Secondly 98% of the big high end saloons in Norway is BMW, Mersedes and Audi. The buyers in that market doesn't even consider Toyota. No.. they cant expect to sell many of these.  
Me, I would gladly buy the Camry instead of the overrated Germans. If i could get a dog cage in it.. 

The Camry isn't intended to provide a complete replacement for the Avensis, which is in a declining market sector in Europe. 

For example in 2009 European sales of the Ford Mondeo reached 117,565, and in 2018 that figure fell to 49,596. By contrast the Avensis sold 81,233 in 2009 and 17,277 in 2018.

Toyota Europe have instead split their offering in this sector, into the Corolla Touring Sport, Corolla saloon, Prius (all of which have the same size wheelbase as the now dead Avensis), and the Camry. 

SUV's are the growth area.