Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's the best lights

moe3337

I have a 2012 verso 2.0 d4d TX.

I am not happy for with the original lighting and looking for recommendations for test driving lights and fog lights to replace them with.

Thanks

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Looks like you have H11 dipped and HB3 main if two separate reflectors. Fog H11. Osram Night Breaker or Philips X-treme Vision are among the best, nearly always at the top of their game.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/76760/best-car-headlight-bulbs-2018 although the test is for H7 this is a very similar bulb to both yours.

Avoid Chinese LED conversions, unreliable, dazzle and often poor light, same goes for HID conversions, please consider those drivers coming towards you.

Lots of people rate PIAA, these very expensive bulbs nearly all rate poorly on test, and are beaten by the likes of Osram and Philips.

PS  Blue bulbs look fancy but give poor light.

• Like 1

Looks like you have H11 dipped and HB3 main if two separate reflectors. Fog H11. Osram Night Breaker or Philips X-treme Vision are among the best, nearly always at the top of their game.
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/76760/best-car-headlight-bulbs-2018 although the test is for H7 this is a very similar bulb to both yours.
Avoid Chinese LED conversions, unreliable, dazzle and often poor light, same goes for HID conversions, please consider those drivers coming towards you.
Lots of people rate PIAA, these very expensive bulbs nearly all rate poorly on test, and are beaten by the likes of Osram and Philips.
Thank you for your assistance.
I was actually looking to change to led. I will definitely rethink my decision and do more homework into these two bulbs you suggested

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Muhammed, there are a few LED reviews on Youtube, many are Rebranded Generic Chinese brands, Philips have an H11 LED but it is expensive. Three times the price and only rated for off road use. Depends on how hard your traffic officers are. I have one in my motorbike main beam and it is good, though with a strange light pattern. Many have a fan to cool them (unreliable), the Philips has a large heatsink. The extra length is difficult to fit the bulb in many housings.

The other problem with the high brightness of LED and HID is the sharp cutoff (if you lucky) of the dip beam, gives the impression of more light but the shadow areas are harder to see.

Take you standard bulbs out and see if they are basic standard bulbs or poor makes, if they are you will see a good difference with an uprated halogen like the Osram and Philips.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links