Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres Goodyear Vector 4Season gen2

Phil T

How my Goodyears are performing. Update on the Toyo tyres , yes I did chuck then in the end, I don't know how Toyota approved them for OEM fitment. I did consider offering them to anyone but thought better of it, killer tyres! I fitted Goodyear Vector 4 seasons gen2 and they are much quieter and more important they grip! Last night Sunday they were tested to the limit, I was driving from Stoke to Buxton (one of the highest parts of the Peak District) in freezing and snow conditions on my way to see a show in Buxton Opera House. The road so far was clear, light snow either side of the carriageway and the road was well salted, I passed Flash Bar Stores (Flash Highest Village in Britain) and the road was clear. As I crossed the boundary between Stafford and Derby the road gritting stopped. The road had light drifting and slush, I checked the brakes to see how much adhesion there was, ABS kicked in but I slowed without incident, I continued much slower. Up ahead I saw hazard lights, I found a group of cars at the top of the long descent into Buxton. Several drivers were debating whether to continue, they were having trouble standing up! The road in the headlights was ice. Further down the hill, a car had gone off the road, a tractor was coming up the hill towards us very slowly. The farmer stopped and said he had just pulled that car back on the road, it was an ice sheet, the tractor was just coping. There were about 10 cars now behind me, several were turning round with difficulty. I pulled back and turned on the A54 Macclesfield Rd, the tyres never slipped. They closed the road after that and it only reopened near midday.

• Like 1

Well done, tyres and common sense are the most important things when it’s about to drive in winter. Goodyear indeed are one of the best tyre manufacturers, I use them too for my summer tyres with efficient grip performance but have separate winter tyres as I drive a lot and through the night, when conditions are even worse. Toyo tyres are also good one in general but you need to have the right tyres for the season. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links