Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB radio

emlclcy

Hi, i've a 2004 estate and wondering if the DAB radio fitted to later models will fit mine?

it has a CD radio and tape player with the variable climate control underneath

cheers

carl

Do you need to update your profile to include the Avensis.

• 3 weeks later...

TNS600 or 700 and TNS510 support an additional DAB module iirc but you might need to cut and splice some wires to connect these head units to the pre facelift mk2. I know some of the facelift mk2s here in Norway came with the TNS600 or 700 equipped though, so maybe the dealers have some connectors.

However, the cheapest (and maybe even the best) option is to go with an aftermarket head unit.

thanks for the input johan, well appreciated

carl

• 1 month later...

The OEM Toyota retrofit DAB option seems to be compatible with the Facelift T25 onwards, and although you could cut and splice the plug as my fellow countryman Johan suggests, i highly doubt it would work...as these earlier headunits seem to lack the needed compatibility with the OEM DAB-module. I have actually been working on a project to add DAB+ to many Toyota (and Lexus) models for well over three years now and the finished product will be launched soon. Tus...the reason why i have looked extensively into this 😉

We have basically made up a DAB/DAB+ version of the old Panasonic produced Toyota DAB-only black box unit, that is no longer sold in most markets as its DAB only. This is pure "plug & play" on most Toyota/Lexus models, and will hopefully be available in the coming month or so 🙂

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{2EB56924-49D9-8138-C7D1-D4897A7449D9}/Avensis_DAB_LHD_PZ473_T0210_0_AIM_000_604_2.pdf

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @lpher said:

We have basically made up a DAB/DAB+ version of the old Panasonic produced Toyota DAB-only black box unit, that is no longer sold in most markets as its DAB only. This is pure "plug & play" on most Toyota/Lexus models, and will hopefully be available in the coming month or so

Just as a heads up, unless you become an authorised trader, you won't be able to sell via Toyota Owners Club

Thanks for the headsup Frosty. Sending you a PM now 🙂