Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo 2007 clutch bite moving

snodge182

I have a Toyota Aygo 1L black from 2007. Recently, the clutch started slipping due to the bite moving up off the top of the clutch pedal. Slowly it got worse so I adjusted the clutch cable so that the bite was within the clutch pedal's travel again. This happened again slowly over time so I readjusted again.

However the problem is that the bite has done the same again, this time I left it and it is slipping way off of the pedal travel. This means that the engine isn't fully powering the wheels when I fully release the clutch pedal; instead it is as if the clutch is slipping, and it takes a lot of revving and time to pull away.

It is so bad now that I can take my foot fully off of the clutch pedal with the handbrake on and the car doesn't move but vibrates a lot, not stalling though.

What do I need to do? I can't tell if the clutch needs replacing as it seems fine after I readjust the cable (other than the bite progressively moving), however I can't keep readjusting the cable because eventually I'll run out of cable.

The cutch cable on the Aygo/C1/107 are cable operated, and from my experience of my clutch going on my 107, if you've adjusted the cable and it's slipping then it's time for a new clutch. The adjustment will only give you so much leeway aswell, so if you've exhausted that and it's slipping then it's time to get one.

Depending on where you go, make sure that they fit the thicker 190mm clutch on to it. Our little bubbles had terrible times with weak clutches and they fitted them with a thicker one from a Yaris if I remember rightly. I paid about £250 to have mine done about 5 years ago.