Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Master Cylinder or service Kit 2.0 petrol Auto '04

Chasgunter

My 2004 RAV4 needs either a new brake master cylinder or service kit. it is a 2.0 litre petrol XT3. Engine 1 AZ - FE.

Apparently these need to come from Japan and take 5 or 6 weeks.

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

There are lots of Rav4's breaking for spares on eBay that should be suitable if you are considering a used part. 

Thank you HS. If I can't get a new one or service kit, I may have to fall back on a used one.

There are non -Toyota repair kits available eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Master-Cylinder-Repair-Kit-for-TOYOTA-RAV-4-2000-2005-M1769/311766197216?fits=Model%3ARAV+4&hash=item4896b6a3e0:g:6W4AAOxyUrZS9jLY

However, I'd be cautious after 15 years of use - the cylinder bore may be stepped or scored and fitting a repair kit may not give a long term solution. New non-Toyota cylinders are  available from around £70.  However getting hold of an auto version cylinder may be a bit tricky - the manual version can be fitted but the port for the fluid feed to the clutch master cylinder would need to be blanked.

You're right gjnorthall. The mileage is only 110k so I would hope the bore wasn't scored. However a new one would be good if I could get one in UK. I can get a new cylinder from Japan but the cost is £450 and I would have to wait over 5 weeks.

I didn't know about fitting a manual version and blanking the port to the clutch master cylinder. I'll speak to my garage.