Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help fuel leak ...😬😬

Alan. Ritchie

Hi all, I've just joined the group and have a yr '00/W Toyota Corolla 1.4vvti but it has a fuel leak at top of the tank just under seat at the plastic pump housing, I've done a temporary repair on it with some fuel friendly marine sealant (13£ a whip) but hoping to get a second hand part to suit, any help in this department would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alan.

Moved to the Corolla club.

• Like 1

I don't know what E11 Corolla spares availability are like in Scotland but in Birmingham they're non-existant. The only place breaking them in droves properly is in Ireland. Plus, you've the issue of whether or not the tank you're getting is up to snuff as well.

However, I remember there was an episode of Wheeler Dealers where they got the tank of a Triumph Stag repaired, so that can be done. They braise/braize a piece on to the patch and it's good as gold. This might be an option for you, and with the labour combined with the purchase of a second hand tank I don't think it'll cost you more and would maybe be a better option?

• Thanks 1

Is the plastic part (pump assy) leaking = remove part and leak is gone?/or.. Tank is leaking (where pump assy is located) and you need repair to tank??

.... or do you need help getting just a new part/salvaged part.

2sav

Hi mate, the tank is fine annoyingly would of rather it was the tank tbh, it's the white plastic housing that's attached to the suction pump directly under n/s seat cushion ....there was a tiny pin hole on the top of it with a tiny stream of petrol coming out, cab was rather wiffy as yours can imagine, so have taken it out and keyed the surface wiped it clean and applied some fuel friendly marine sealant and it basically solidifies and goes white, hopefully this will do till I source the part, no doubt with the pump attached ...lol 😂 car is mint otherwise with only 50k. 1owner from new fsh.

Toyota dealers quoting silly money as is always the case and probably why you see minters piled up in the scrapyard!!!😬lol

@sav2 just the part in after👍👍

2sav even!! 🙈😂

You know, if it's just the plastic part you might be alright with the sealant? If it won't melt from the fuel and it's water proof, and given it's location, I think it could be OK?

I thought you meant there was a pin hole in the actual fuel tank not the plastic part. Braising that wouldn't really work 😂

• Like 1

NTricky to stop a fuel leak because petrol is a brilliant solvent. You may need a SS-300 spec silicone sealant to properly seal it 

If the marine stuff is then you'll be ok. Hope that helps.

So then..... Is this you?

Have you figured out any spares/similar pump assy - for another Toyota, about the same production period?

2sav

If your car had been a more recent Toyota (like my 2009 Avensis) there is a current recall campaign for the suction pump, very nearly the same thing. I had mine done last month. Sad your car is not part the recall.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links