Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Source For Reliable Pattern Spare Parts

sproutdreamer

I bought a rear hub/bearing/ABS fitting on e bay for £26.80 but had to return it as it had play in the new bearing (surprised it was only an advisory at the MOT) . You could say this is to be expected as you get what you pay for but I have generally had good experiences with non OEM parts. Considering that one of these is £364 from Mr T (just the part not fitted) non OEM parts are excellent value if the quality is there.

Is there a company that make non OEM parts of good quality for Toyotas?

Yes Blueprint are good but they have a limited range of parts-more brake, clutch etc

Yes Blueprint are the best quality parts for Japanese cars, they are packaging company only and part of a huge German brand, “ Febi Bilstein”. Inside the parts many times are OEM, same as original, or quality aftermarket. You may look for Febi too, Meyhle, Lemforder, First Line, all these are very good for suspension parts, bushes, mounts etc. There are some to AVOID: “Optimal” German brand that are horrible, probably made in China and even dangerous. “Fewest” - Chinese parts that are of poor quality and doesn’t last at all. Also when buying from eBay look at the seller profile, if seems dodgy or price is too cheap avoid. Amazon are also selling spare parts, sometimes on unbelievable low prices, but you need to look them with original part number. 

Regards 

Thanks for that info - people NOT to buy from is also useful. Problem with e bay sellers is that they do not say who their supplier is. The rear bearing/ABS unit I fitted looked okand was from an e bay shop that had good feedback but of course you cannot check for play until it is firmly bolted to the car and using the wheel leverage. I fitted it in the rain and being in a hurry I did not think to check it for play, I spun it that was all. When looking for an alternative supplier whilst the e bayer was messing about giving me a refund I did find a few feedbacks on different sites complaining about rough bearings so this is perhaps a widespread problem. The fact that the MOT was only an advisory for play seems to be a reason for the e bay shop to consider that the item is not defective?

I dont believe it..... The second bearing unit I bought from a different e bay shop also has play in the bearing. I wonder if the cheap e bay items are "out of spec" bearings?  I am getting fed up fitting these things!

There must be a happy medium somewhere in this!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links