Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service intervals

Estongrange

Hi

When I looked at the service history of my car online it said the last service was a "re conditioning". This was prior to my purchase by the selling dealership. The previous services were a full in 2016 and an itermediate at 2017. The dealership is saying that the pre conditioning was a full dervice but it does not list things such as brake fluid change , which I though was needed after 2 years.

They have just done an itermediate service 2019. It does not help that the serive history book does not say which type of serice was carried out.

Question is am I being led up the garden path on this?

Moved to the Rav4 club and topic title edited.

Toyota's service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate services occur at year 1 (10K miles), 3 (30K), 5 (50K), etc, whilst Full services occur at year 2 (20K), 4 (40K), etc.

So a 2014 model should have had the first (Intermediate) service either at 1 year old or at 10,000 miles, whichever occurred first. There also is a gap between the 2017 service and the 2019 - which may be explained if the dealer has had the car in stock for weeks or months. If the first service is not shown, either on My Toyota or in the service and warranty book, I would query it with the dealer.

Presumably, the 're-conditioning' service is what the dealer calls a pre-sale service, which may include additional preparation (valeting) etc.  The Full service should include a brake fluid change - see https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/service-mot-maintenance/servicing

Rather than dealing with the salesperson, this type of query may be handled better by the service department.